Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

because it's tv3 and travelers are in fashion now
    coolhull wrote: »
    In that case, why not the judges from XFactor, or even better, the presenters of EXpose?

Ah lads, don't be giving them ideas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I know a version of Battle Royal with the psychics as the contestants

spookwoman wrote: »
    I know a version of Battle Royal with the psychics as the contestants

Could we bring back Gladiators? :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

...and put them all on pay-to-view which is being considered.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/1123/1224327007115.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ye're all wrong.

TV3 just released this:

Politician Boxing!

Yes, you read that correctly! This Spring on TV3, POLITICIAN BOXING!

See your favourite politicians like you've never seen them before! Enda "The Quiet Man" Kenny, Gerry "I'll Be Havin' Yeh!" Adams, Micheal "I'm From Cork Boi!" Martin, Michael "I'm A ****" Noonan!

They'll take to the ring in bouts, where only the winner walks out.

With Jedward as hosts and the Seoige sisters as judges, this is sure to be a ratings winner!

I'm excited. :P

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ye're all wrong.

TV3 just released this:

I'm excited. :P

This could be the winner!

There's talk of Flathan returning as Head Judge for the final, providing he's not in front of a green screen, the studio is air conditioned and there are no chandeliers. If these demands are met, he's signing on the dotted line! :pac:

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    ...and put them all on pay-to-view which is being considered.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/1123/1224327007115.html

I barely watch TV3 as it is, I'm definitely not going to pay for the privilege! Whatever next! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Time to unstick this bad boy and let it drift into obscurity.

Like Flathan and Wayne.

What? Too soon?? :o

In that case, time to launch Operation Never Forget where we keep this thread on the front page right up until our last complaints are dealt with. :pac:

Let it gooooo. :)

What's your next target? Mrs. Browns Boys? Tubridy's Late Late? Craig Doyle? You're on a roll....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Mr E wrote: »

Like Flathan and Wayne.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well ok, g'wan then :cool:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    In that case, time to launch Operation Never Forget where we keep this thread on the front page right up until our last complaints are dealt with. :pac:
    Agreed.
    'Twould also keep things tidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Now that PRL has bitten the dust, I may as well post about it for the first time in ages... :o;)

So, it lasted just shy of six months on the air - PlayTV, in contrast, lasted nine.

And, just as they did when they pulled PlayTV, the folks at Ballymount are claiming that they did absolutely nothing wrong... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't be surprised at all if they have told the people at Telemedia InteracTV, "We're really, really sorry that we have had to cancel a service of yours for the second time. In any case, we can't thank you enough for Psychic Readings Live - or indeed for PlayTV, even though that was three years ago. Perhaps when everyone has forgotten about Psychic Readings Live, you can come back to us with another new service to air between midnight and 2am?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

I stopped watching PRL regularly just before the Olympics, though I still glanced at the occasional episode and popped into these discussion threads from time to time.

And I make it around a dozen "psychics" who sat in front of the cameras in that small red studio in Budapest at some point, all with different methods and different accents. And it's not too surprising that Flathan was the only one who lasted the distance...

And let us not forget the show's liberal use of stock photos, or Wayne's argument with Keith Barry on 98FM. IMHO, Wayne acted a little bit like Michael Howard during this argument... ;);)

Like Flathan and Wayne.

I got the sweats when it wasn't at the top of the page and I had to start scrolling! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Like Flathan and Wayne.

Yeah, too soon! We need at least another week to savour the victory. I really enjoyed the crack on this thread. Logged in every night, it was the only way to make PRL bearable . Like I said before, it was so bad that I couldn't tear my eyes away......

I know, I lead a sad life.

coolhull wrote: »
    Yeah, too soon! We need at least another week to savour the victory.

K. :o

K. :o

Our complaining has brought us yet another victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Who said complaining doesn't work :)

Phew, no more sweats! ;)

See Sky have updated their TV3 listing now: 0:05am Without a Trace
    :pac:

• Advertisement

TV3 haven't :confused: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

maybe they could extend vinny to a two hour show ?
    well maybe no,
    bring back flatarse

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

goulders wrote: »
    maybe they could extend vinny to a two hour show ?
    Only if he dyes his hair, surrounds himself with white feathers, wears bright red peep toe shoes, and has a hotline to the Archangel Michael :)

I used to watch Vinny, then settle down to see which famous psychic was going to be 'presenting' PRL.

Aaaah, happy days!

(not)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

The funniest call I can remember was with Theo, when the girl rang in and asked him what she would be wearing for Halloween, and he told her to "get something original, like a pumpkin, and put it on her head" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

I have an idea to fill the time slot.....

Reality show.... with all the text voting etc....

Ireland's Next Top Taoseach....

Episodes could include....

1) Each contestant is sent to Germany on a cheap ryanair flight for a week and whoever can comeback with the most money wins the task.

2) Given a hard hat and shovel, and who ever can fill the most potholes in roads in Kerry over the week wins the task.

3) Made to go door to door trying to convince people to donate money to overpaid bankers wins the task.

4) Each is sent to workplace around the country, which ever ones convinces the workers there to take the biggest paycut wins that week.

5) Each takes a turn playing the villian in a christmas panto, whoever the public thinks is most convincing wins....

BMollie wrote: »
    The funniest call I can remember was with Theo, when the girl rang in and asked him what she would be wearing for Halloween, and he told her to "get something original, like a pumpkin, and put it on her head" :)

I know I've posted this a good few times at this stage, but for me it has just got to be "Is my fanny saggy ?" :D:D
    I was still laughing the day after. I think Flatman was presenting that night as well.

00:05 Psychics Reading Live: When the boardsies met the (ex)-presenters *

* for entertainment purposes only

:pac:

I know I've posted this a good few times at this stage, but for me it has just got to be "Is my fanny saggy ?" :D:D
    I was still laughing the day after. I think Flatman was presenting that night as well.
    icon10.pngicon10.pngicon10.png

• Advertisement

Ahahaha. :D

There were some true gems alright that made those long nights worth it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement