Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The eagle has landed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Got back from Zagreb today. That was scary for a while.

WNolan best be careful might get a 647 but then again PRL got a 507

Bad move leaving the car in the Short Term Car Park - though still a lot less expensive than €2.44 a minute :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

spookwoman wrote: »
    The eagle has landed
    The white dove shall fly at midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The fish fingers are in the red shoes.

I repeat, the fish fingers are in the red shoes!

The mouse ran up the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The fish fingers are in the red shoes.

I repeat, the fish fingers are in the red shoes!

Ahh, I wondered what the smell was :eek:

flutegirl wrote: »
    Ahh, I wondered what the smell was :eek:

I thought is was John's underpants

I thought is was John's underpants

Classic!!! :D

• Advertisement

This thread is one step away from being moved to The Cuckoo's Nest I'd say! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Orielle wrote: »
    The white dove shall fly at midnight
    Ok. We'll all keep an eye out for any white feathers. Then we can see if the angel Jophielle is really watching out for us

coolhull wrote: »
    Ok. We'll all keep an eye out for any white feathers. Then we can see if the angel Jophielle is really watching out for us

...and his mate Raphael, he used to make quite a few appearances every night. The pair of them were very busy indeed.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    This thread is one step away from being moved to The Cuckoo's Nest I'd say! :pac:
    Inclined to agree. Without Flathole and company to annoy us, gotta find someone or something else to beat into the ground. Anyone think that XFactor needs a swift kick in the b?lls.? Would the fact that its an awful load of sh1te carry any weight with the BAI?

Inclined to agree. Without Flathole and company to annoy us, gotta find someone or something else to beat into the ground. Anyone think that XFactor needs a swift kick in the b?lls.? Would the fact that its an awful load of sh1te carry any weight with the BAI?

Thank god Strictly Come Dancing is on the bbc!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Thank god Strictly Come Dancing is on the bbc!

Oh No, your just after reminding me of the macarena, and I bet the one dancing will have red shoes on, and have just got it out of my head :(

As much as I hate shows like X-Factor and I'm A Celebrity et al, they don't offer viewers anything in return for their votes, so it's a far less morally questionable format than PRL was.

I even think in hindsight Play TV was a far lesser evil than PRL. I'll admit I don't know what complaints were upheld against Play, and that there were quizzes on it that were downright exploitative (one in particular I remember was a night where the "quiz" was to "Name something white!" with people ringing in guessing random white things), but at least Play TV did have the odd quiz that was legitimately fun to do at home (all the picture and word games passed away a good few nights for me).

I vividly remember the first time I came across Play TV. I was at the wedding from hell, so left early and went back to the hotel room, and watched some TV - there wasn't much to choose from, so came across PTV fairly quickly.

The puzzle that night was a the picture of the Irish soccer squad and you had to add up all the numbers in the picture. Straight away, I could see there was something very wrong - it got to a point where no-one could guess the right answer, so JG was telling people it was higher/lower than their guess - so by a process of (pure) elimination, the right answer was eventually guessed arrived at.

Edit: found it - I think I recognise the original poster as well :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055614836&p=61517258

I vividly remember the first time I came across Play TV. I was at the wedding from hell, so left early and went back to the hotel room, and watched some TV - there wasn't much to choose from, so came across PTV fairly quickly.

The puzzle that night was a the picture of the Irish soccer squad and you had to add up all the numbers in the picture. Straight away, I could see there was something very wrong - it got to a point where no-one could guess the right answer, so JG was telling people it was higher/lower than their guess - so by a process of (pure) elimination, the right answer was eventually guessed arrived at.

Edit: found it - I think I recognise the original poster as well :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055614836&p=61517258

Never watched Play TV, but did watch a few of the ones on ITV Play. Remember one game on Quizmania (I think, don't quote me!), you had to name items found in a handbag: people guessing all sorts of random things. One of the winning ones eneded up being a plug!! :eek:

Now, I can sometimes have alot of stuff in my bag, but never a plug...

'Make your Play' always had these number games and could never figure them out. BUT, there was one girl, Jo (um, obviously watched this alot to remember her name :o ) who, when she got through, always won. She must have racked up at least £150,000 in winnings.

Never watched Play TV, but did watch a few of the ones on ITV Play. Remember one game on Quizmania (I think, don't quote me!), you had to name items found in a handbag: people guessing all sorts of random things. One of the winning ones eneded up being a plug!! :eek:

'Make your Play' always had these number games and could never figure them out. BUT, there was one girl, Jo (um, obviously watched this alot to remember her name :o ) who, when she got through, always won. She must have racked up at least £150,000 in winnings.

LOL at the plug !! Although it would probably be a Pendulum now ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The 2 other answers were rawl plugs and a balaclava.

The 2 other answers were rawl plugs and a balaclava.

Lip gloss, car keys, phone, rawl plugs, balaclava - essential items us women folk are never without! :pac:

Then I reckon it's fair to say she was a plant. Probably got back the price of the phone call and 20 quid for her trouble

Then I reckon it's fair to say she was a plant. Probably got back the price of the phone call and 20 quid for her trouble

You're probably right, at the time I thought she was just super smart. Whatever the answer was I had no idea how it was arrived at!

Sounds like a plant. Have never had a plug in my purse or bag but have had rawl plug and believe it or not I have had a balaclava. Handy to have when out on a astronomy watch

Sounds like a plant. Have never had a plug in my purse or bag but have had rawl plug and believe it or not I have had a balaclava. Handy to have when out on a astronomy watch
    Also handy to have a balaclava if, like redundant PRL presenters, you spent some time fooling ould ones, and didn't want to be recognised..

*Thinks*

mmmhh,could that be the real reason that Spook carries a balaclava everywhere with her?
    Strange that no-one has ever seen Carole and Spowoman in the same room....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

I remember on PlayTV an Eileen Nolan, Carrigohane, Cork, and a Peter Doyle from Carlow, used to win a good 500euro each, on average per week. Plants.

Play TV used to have a list of winners, telling how much people had won, giving names and their locations, and I started doing a bit of research on the list and the above names kept coming up on.

I was a ringer to Play TV then, thinking I could solve the puzzles, that was in the first month of the show, and lost about 100euro, and got through to the studio just once, and of course there was never any straightforward answer.

When I rang the number I was given a question to answer, eg.where is the river Liffey in Dublin or Cork? (one of about 10 simple questions they had) and I always answered correctly, then was told "you almost got through to the studio, try again" another one was "you almost made it", another "better luck next time", so it was difficult even getting through to the studio in the first place.
    That's when I found the forum on Boards, to my delight, and it was like Play TV AA to me. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

That so-called general knowledge question was just a front. You could give no answer or the wrong answer and still get the 'you almost made it' message.
    We should have complained about that as well.

Also handy to have a balaclava if, like redundant PRL presenters, you spent some time fooling ould ones, and didn't want to be recognised..

*Thinks*

mmmhh,could that be the real reason that Spook carries a balaclava everywhere with her?
    Strange that no-one has ever seen Carole and Spowoman in the same room....

Reason I have not been seen in same room with Carole is because of a nut allergy. Its gets really bad around her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Reason I have not been seen in same room with Carole is because of a nut allergy. Its gets really bad around her.
    :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement