Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Unhappy caller

Grant tell callers his wife is cheating on him name removed

Michael swimming armbands troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

spookwoman wrote: »
    Grant tell callers his wife is cheating on him name removed

What a tit thats such a dangerous thing to bloody say

Carlow in Dublin - please give grant a map of ireland

• Advertisement

Carlow in Dublin - please give grant a map of ireland

another new psychic :mad: god she sounds like a guy down the pub that would do some cheap trick for a free drink

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

another new psychic :mad: god she sounds like a guy down the pub that would do some cheap trick for a free drink

She?

Anyway, Grant was useless, he'd be better off behind a market stall selling crap. The must have gotten Flathan in after my head exploded last night

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Flathan drink Guinness and Red Bull, wasn't meant to say that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wwt4Fp9QqE&feature=youtu.be

Take a look at Psychic Joworo on Ext. 849 in that video. :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Take a look at Psychic Joworo on Ext. 849 in that video. :pac: :pac:
    Like a young charles bronson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Thanks a mill for posting vids Spookwoman. Is His Royal Psychicness on tonight? ;)

• Advertisement

Haven't a clue who's on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

From Grant's twitter:

"well did get a good vibe from doing that show and i work from the heart so back to the uk i go and do my work in the right way :-)"

Odd that they'd go to all that bother to get someone on for 1 hour. And is 'do my work in the right way' a bit of a dig at the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It seems that they get people out and after they do one show with this crowd they see the error of their ways and they promptly exit stage left back home in order to save face.

There is no way they could afford the turnover of presenters they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

It seems that they get people out and after they do one show with this crowd they see the error of their ways and they promptly exit stage left back home in order to save face.

There is no way they could afford the turnover of presenters they have.

On the UK psychic channel (sky 886) which I think a lot of the UK psychics have been on before they just have the psychics sitting in booths and you can't hear their calls while the non-psychic presenter tries to sell it to you. Occasionally they'll let one of the psychics out to talk on camera but it's only ever to answer a voicemail so there's no chance of getting bad feedback.

What these guys do is far more lucrative for them but as you said potentially much more damaging for the psychics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

The rules governing Psychic TV are more detailed and explicit over in the UK then they are here in Ireland. That needs to change.
    1. Commercial communications for fortune tellers, psychic services etc., are acceptable where the service is evidently for entertainment purposes only and this is made clear in the communication.

2. Claims that future events may be predicted, other than as a matter of opinion, are not permitted.

3. Claims to make contact with deceased persons are not permitted.

4. Claims pertaining to matters of health, cures, curing and/or healing are not permitted.
    http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/General-Commercial-Communications-Code.pdf
    The BCAP Code also contains explicit prohibitions in Rule 15.5.3 regarding specific material in psychic PTV advertising content. Such material must not:

# include claims for efficacy or accuracy – this covers both explicit and implicit claims made by presenters/psychics and the broadcast of viewer testimonials or endorsing comments (see “Use of testimonials” below) i.e. any reference that implies psychic content is anything but entertainment;

# predict negative experiences or specific events – the latter including births, deaths, marriages or new jobs;

# offer life-changing advice directed at individuals, including advice related to health (including pregnancy) or financial situation. Life-changing advice includes direct advice for individuals upon which they could reasonably act or rely. Ofcom has published a Finding that illustrates its interpretation of life-changing advice;

# appeal to children – this is rarely an area of concern for this sector, however broadcasters are directed to Section 5: Children, and Section 32:Scheduling, in the BCAP Code, for further guidance; and

# encourage excessive use.

It is vital to remember that this rule allows psychic PTV advertisingcontent to be presented only as entertainment. To be clear, it is not sufficient to rely only on on-screen text to fulfil this requirement of Rule15.5.3. The advertising as a whole must reflect this principle. The Code therefore does not permit the advertising of psychic services on any other basis: psychic readings cannot stray beyond the carefully circumscribed area of entertainment and should never be presented as reliable, substantiated or offering anything other than a form of entertainment.

With this in mind we would stress that the intention behind the rules in BCAP Section 15 is to protect those viewers who are vulnerable, for example because of sickness or bereavement and more generally to prevent potentially harmful advertising from exploiting the audience, for example financially. (See also Rule 15.12)
    http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/broadcast/guidance/psychic-tv-guidance.pdf

predict negative experiences or specific events
    That would leave Flathan with very little to say. No more stolen moneybags.

I do agree the rules here do need tightening.

# include claims for efficacy or accuracy – this covers both explicit and implicit claims made by presenters/psychics and the broadcast of viewer testimonials or endorsing comments (see “Use of testimonials” below) i.e. any reference that implies psychic content is anything but entertainment;

Grant would have been in breach of this last night with his constant claims that "I'm the best psychic in the world."
    # predict negative experiences or specific events – the latter including births, deaths, marriages or new jobs;

Grant telling someone their wife is cheating on them.
    All of them seem to predict someone will get a new job every now and again.
    # offer life-changing advice directed at individuals, including advice related to health (including pregnancy) or financial situation. Life-changing advice includes direct advice for individuals upon which they could reasonably act or rely. Ofcom has published a Finding that illustrates its interpretation of life-changing advice;

Pretty sure one of them told a person that they shouldn't move house just now. Surely that's "life-changing".
    # encourage excessive use.

Didn't someone post a list of deals they give if you want to ring up more often?
    It is vital to remember that this rule allows psychic PTV advertisingcontent to be presented only as entertainment. To be clear, it is not sufficient to rely only on on-screen text to fulfil this requirement of Rule15.5.3.

Ours seem to be portraying what they're saying as facts. I've lost count of the number of times they've said something to effect of "Call in if you need guidance" or something similar.

Shame we don't have these rules. :(

page 9 of BAI

7. Commercial communications shall not be calculated to induce unwarranted fear on the part of the viewer or listener.

3.3 Transparency
    2. Presenters and other on-air personnel shall not advertise or endorse products or services during editorial content.

7. Commercial communications shall not be calculated to induce unwarranted fear on the part of the viewer or listener.
    They are bang to rights on that front.
    3.3 Transparency
    2. Presenters and other on-air personnel shall not advertise or endorse products or services during editorial content.
    TV3 will claim that it is not editorial content.

They are bang to rights on that front.

"Your wife has a partner at the moment yes."

That'd make me pretty fearful tbh...

• Advertisement

Legal letter from government wouldn't be good for the nerves

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Not to mention one house fire after another.

Or you moneybag stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Legal letter from government wouldn't be good for the nerves

That's probably from the local library about the overdue books ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Latest tweet from Flathan: I am On in the second hour...... maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

is anyone actually watching this or are they watching the Olympics?

watching have no interst in the olympics opening ceremony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

is anyone actually watching this or are they watching the Olympics?

im watching the batcheler on channel 5 +1. some seriously sexy wimmin on it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Latest tweet from Flathan: I am On in the second hour...... maybe!

Watching the Olympics opening ceremony atm anyway, who's first up on psychics live tonight?

• Advertisement

Phil Mitchell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement