Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Will flathan be on at all tonite? or that other bloke, could do with a good laugh haha :P

Oh we definitely need Uncle Fester back on the irish show, Sam and her "I'm such a lovely caring person" schtick just grates on me, I prefer some loon shouting random crap at the camera and setting fire to stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

By screened i think she means screen-tested. Not quite the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

You'd meet a stranger in your local pub who would give you better advice than Sam can :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I actually expected more calls about the LC results tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tricolorbob1987

BMollie wrote: »
    You'd meet a stranger in your local pub who would give you better advice than Sam can :(
    A drunk person who doesn't speak english could give better "advice"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

A drunk person who doesn't speak english could give better "advice"

And string a sentence together better. She's all over the shop with words etc. Hard to follow sometimes callers having probs as well

He needs to be more assertive if he wants to win the lotto.

Sam is bored out of her head...she can't hack it any longer....if she touches her neck one more time the game is up, she's bored senseless and so are WE :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SandraD

I've being following this thread for a while now and think that it's time that we got more pro active about getting this crap off the air! I've listened to far too many elderly/vulnerable/desperate (trolls aside) people ring in for hope regarding upsetting situations in their lives and get bulls**t and random nonsensical answers in return! The producers cut anyone off who attempts to expose these <snip> and only allow anyone who sees the reading in a positive light reply!

Basically I'm disgusted with TV3, they may as well dedicate 2hrs to their "hundreds of girls waiting for fun, friendship and maybe more" chatlines rather than this nonsense which is damaging!

As for Flathan over the time I've watched this rubbish I've found he acts as an effective sleeping pill, as as soon as I hear his condescending, abrupt, obnoxious and irriating accent my eyelids become heavy and I find myself drifting off!

Trish....good woman..brilliant..well done ;)

• Advertisement

YES! :D:D

Finally some one said it on air!

Sam seems to attract them her last time on tv she was told it was all a s*am

Also as an ENTERTAINMENT service these people should take a leaf out of Derren Browns book and learn how to do (quite scarily accurate, but self admitted non psychic) readings for audience members! At least then they can call it entertainment instead of this self promoting/indulgent nonsense - which from my observation, most who get an opportunity to reply find confusing, baffling or of no relevance to their lives whatsoever! But as all "psychics" carry in their tool bag is the "if it doesn't make sense now, it will do" codology as who can argue with that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

SandraD wrote: »
    Also as an ENTERTAINMENT service these people should take a leaf out of Derren Browns book and learn how to do (quite scarily accurate, but self admitted non psychic) readings for audience members! At least then they can call it entertainment instead of this self promoting/indulgent nonsense - which from my observation, most who get an opportunity to reply find confusing, baffling or of no relevance to their lives whatsoever! But as all "psychics" carry in their tool bag is the "if it doesn't make sense now, it will do" codology as who can argue with that!!!!

Well you just wait and see the vast increase in flat renowations and moneybag stealing thats going to happen in the next 3 to 12 weeks in my opinion.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    YES! :D:D

Finally some one said it on air!

Brenda told Flathan it was a con some weeks ago too

homer-simpson-hiding-in-the-bushes.gif

"Did the accident involve a man?"
    "No, it was an accident at work."
    "Oh, well the new career card is coming up, is this causing friction at work?"
    "Ummmmm......"
    "Well I'll give it to yeh anyway!"

You get to have your whatever it is that you want.

Wise words there.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

I've being following this thread for a while now and think that it's time that we got more pro active about getting this crap off the air! I've listened to far too many elderly/vulnerable/desperate (trolls aside) people ring in for hope regarding upsetting situations in their lives and get bulls**t and random nonsensical answers in return! The producers cut anyone off who attempts to expose these <snip> and only allow anyone who sees the reading in a positive light reply!

Basically I'm disgusted with TV3, they may as well dedicate 2hrs to their "hundreds of girls waiting for fun, friendship and maybe more" chatlines rather than this nonsense which is damaging!

As for Flathan over the time I've watched this rubbish I've found he acts as an effective sleeping pill, as as soon as I hear his condescending, abrupt, obnoxious and irriating accent my eyelids become heavy and I find myself drifting off!

Go to http://www.tv3.ie/corporate_complaints_handling_codes.php

Is it a case that most people on here just enjoy watching this show, taking the p**s of the flamboyant presenters, having a rant on here and take the whole thing with a pinch of salt OR do we as a group want to set about pressuring TV3 into ending this <snip>? If so what actual steps so we need to take to get this cr@p off-air?

• Advertisement

Auld-Yin wrote: »

Thanks, will do! :-)

There are a few of us that are taking notes and putting in the complaints.
    Heres the bai code of practice http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/General-Commercial-Communications-Code.pdf

I hope Satan has a special place in Hell reserved for Sam, she is some piece of work.

Goodnight all !

Is it a case that most people on here just enjoy watching this show, taking the p**s of the flamboyant presenters, having a rant on here and take the whole thing with a pinch of salt OR do we as a group want to set about pressuring TV3 into ending this <snip>? If so what actual steps so we need to take to get this cr@p off-air?

Most (if not all of us) want this off air.

TV3 won't be pressured into getting rid of it, the only way to get rid of it is to have a slew of upheld complaints against it.

Details on how to complain are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

'The end of the summer card' ????

Which one is the 'I'm talking out of me hole' card?

Spookwoman and wnolan1992 thanks for the links - count me as another complaint lodged! Surely we can try get some other media (newspapers/radio) involved and hold TV3 (an otherwise credible 'Irish' station) accountable for false profiteering and immoral practice - esp when the country and all who sail in her is struggling financially at this point in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tricolorbob1987

Spookwoman and wnolan1992 thanks for the links - count me as another complaint lodged! Surely we can try get some other media (newspapers/radio) involved and hold TV3 (an otherwise credible 'Irish' station) accountable for false profiteering and immoral practice - esp when the country and all who sail in her is struggling financially at this point in time!
    Was already on the radio ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

98fm and Keith Barry were quite active a while back trying to show these lot for what they were......

As far as I am aware, it came up on Joe Duffy as well...

Conor Pope from irish times called in and also wrote article on it

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    Conor Pope from irish times called in and also wrote article on it

So how in Gods name are TV3 still getting away with this???? The mind boggles!!! Do we have a broadcasting ombudsman in this country?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement