Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Uneventful night again (pattern developing?). Nothing more than the usual people who don't understand the 15 second delay.

Tonight's Calls:

Wednesday 15th August 2012

Psychic Sam
    Name Call Begins Call Ends Estimated Cost(Ex. Waiting) Estimated Total Cost (Inc. 4mins Waiting)
    Frances 00:13:14 00:14:52 €4.88 €14.64
    Male 00:15:15 00:17:19 €7.32 €17.08
    Female 00:22:06 00:24:19 €7.32 €17.08
    Mary 00:29:31 00:32:18 €7.32 €17.08
    Female 00:36:47 00:39:23 €7.32 €17.08
    Female 00:42:01 00:43:59 €4.88 €14.64
    Female 00:45:54 00:47:41 €4.88 €14.64
    Katie 0:49:41 00:53:19 €9.76 €19.52
    Female 00:53:22 00:55:09 €4.88 €14.64
    Female 00:55:47 00:57:22 €4.88 €14.64
    Female 00:57:56 00:58:56(caller hung up) €2.44 €12.20
    Female 01:03:39 01:04:12(caller hung up) €2.44 €12.20
    Male 01:05:57 01:07:20 €4.88 €14.64
    Female 01:08:21 01:10:50 €7.32 €17.08
    Male 01:11:35 01:11:56(caller hung up) €2.44 €12.20
    Margaret 01:14:06 01:16:56 €7.32 €17.08
    Male 01:17:34 01:18:16(caller hung up) €2.44 €12.20
    Trish 01:20:45 01:21:41(caller hung up) €2.44 €12.20
    Female 01:25:57 01:28:28 €7.32 €17.08
    Female 01:30:08 01:33:05 €7.32 €17.08
    Female 01:33:49 01:36:11 €7.32 €17.08
    Paul 01:36:14 01:38:53 €7.32 €17.08
    Female 01:40:00 01:42:41 €7.32 €17.08
    Male 01:42:44 01:43:30(caller hung up) €2.44 €12.20
    Liz 01:48:42 01:49:32 €2.44 €12.20
    Veronica 01:50:44 01:53:27 €7.32 €17.08
    Yvonne 01:54:28 01:57:09 €7.32 €17.08
    Female 01:57:16 01:59:31 €7.32 €17.08
    Theresa 01:59:43 02:00:07(caller hung up) €2.44 €12.20
    Patrick 02:01:27 02:03:47 €7.32 €17.08
    Niamh 02:03:50 02:06:55 €9.76 €19.52
    Female 02:07:19 02:08:35 €4.88 €14.64

Total Calls 32 Estimated Subtotal (Ex. Waiting Times) €183.00
    Male 7 Estimated Waiting Income (Avg. 4minutes per Caller) €312.32
    Female 25 Estimated Total Income €495.32

• Estimated charges based on charges to the minute not over.
    • Estimates are based on callers calling 1580 999 222 from an Irish Landline at €2.44/min.
    • Unless there is a clear indication that the caller has hung up, it is assumed callers remain on the line until reading is complete.
    • Average waiting time of 4 minutes is speculatory, since no recent official figures are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is called the BAI. You have to go through their song and dance routine to get a complaint to the end of the process.

Sandra, can you please read the very first post in this thread. There are certain words and phrases that are not allowed here. If you continue to use any words that are not allowed your posting privileges will be revoked. This applies to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SandraD

It is called the BAI. You have to go through their song and dance routine to get a complaint to the end of the process.

Sandra, can you please read the very first post in this thread. There are certain words and phrases that are not allowed here. If you continue to use any words that are not allowed your posting privileges will be revoked. This applies to everyone.

Sorry, didn't mean to use any inappropriate language, will review rules! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

There were 2 calls of interest 1 where the woman said it was a hoax and was going to make a complaint and the other where sam got it wrong with the court case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

What about one of the first callers who wanted to know about her authistic child...the answer to that was nonsense

• Advertisement

Thanks for reminder prob would have picked it up on my excel sheet tomorrow. Having an "early" night, fingers crossed the rain stays away from my windows tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

spookwoman wrote: »
    Thanks for reminder prob would have picked it up on my excel sheet tomorrow. Having an "early" night, fingers crossed the rain stays away from my windows tonight.

Maybe you can get Theo to get rid of the curse of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    SandraD wrote: »
    I've being following this thread for a while now and think that it's time that we got more pro active about getting this crap off the air! I've listened to far too many elderly/vulnerable/desperate (trolls aside) people ring in for hope regarding upsetting situations in their lives and get bulls**t and random nonsensical answers in return! The producers cut anyone off who attempts to expose these <snip> and only allow anyone who sees the reading in a positive light reply!

Basically I'm disgusted with TV3, they may as well dedicate 2hrs to their "hundreds of girls waiting for fun, friendship and maybe more" chatlines rather than this nonsense which is damaging!

As for Flathan over the time I've watched this rubbish I've found he acts as an effective sleeping pill, as as soon as I hear his condescending, abrupt, obnoxious and irriating accent my eyelids become heavy and I find myself drifting off!

Go to http://www.tv3.ie/corporate.php[/Quote

Why would they bother taking it down when, people like us here and keep the ratings up? You sit here night after night watching the show just to complain ...if it upsets and irritates you so much tune out

That is not what we are about.

We are about taking it down through a legal route of complaining to the authorities. We are here for all the Mary's out there who are spending their pension money on this rubbish. Ringing Joe Duffy is not going to stop this. Honest and decent people are taking a stand on behalf of those who cannot or who are too afraid to.

If you don't like what we do here then don't post.

mumo3 wrote: »
    Auld-Yin wrote: »

Go to http://www.tv3.ie/corporate.php[/Quote

Why would they bother taking it down when, people like us here and keep the ratings up? You sit here night after night watching the show just to complain ...if it upsets and irritates you so much tune out

I'm perfectly willing to be corrected on this, but I don't think ratings make any difference in this case. TV3 don't sell advertising during it, so the only income they get is from the fee that Telemedia pay them to broadcast the show.

The income Telemedia get is from people calling in to the show, so the only way it'll go off the air by people tuning out is if people stop calling in. And if you look back through JamesReaves and my posts in this thread you'll see that people are still calling in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    mumo3 wrote: »

I'm perfectly willing to be corrected on this, but I don't think ratings make any difference in this case. TV3 don't sell advertising during it, so the only income they get is from the fee that Telemedia pay them to broadcast the show.

The income Telemedia get is from people calling in to the show, so the only way it'll go off the air by people tuning out is if people stop calling in. And if you look back through JamesReaves and my posts in this thread you'll see that people are still calling in.

Is ESO.TV telemedia?

But yes you are right. Teleshopping and Infomercial slots are paid for by the producers of the show. TV3 sell those hours and regardless of viewing figure TV3 make the same money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

98fm and Keith Barry were quite active a while back trying to show these lot for what they were......

As far as I am aware, it came up on Joe Duffy as well...

Q102 have a resident Psychic on The Scott Williams Show every Thursday so no point contacting them anyway.

http://twitter.com/mizzd/

No premium rate numbers involved but unfortunately it does help make the whole Psychic thing seem more acceptable.

I think that Psychic live possibly goes against the paid promotion of religious products e.g. when that ad for a crib was banned. Just a thought.

Elmo wrote: »
    Is ESO.TV telemedia?

Honestly I don't know, I just saw Telemedia being mentioned here before.

Elmo wrote: »
    Is ESO.TV telemedia?

But yes you are right. Teleshopping and Infomercial slots are paid for by the producers of the show. TV3 sell those hours and regardless of viewing figure TV3 make the same money.
    We don't know if TV3 are taking a cut of the call revenues. They could well be.

ESO are Telemedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

ESO are Telemedia.

All the stuff I read online about the business side of Telemedia said how they liked doing a revenue sharing model. Granted this was back when they did all the quiz shows. I think there's a high probability they took a cut from PlayTV and I don't see why that would need to change now

Yeah I was going to mention that TV3 might get a cut.
    ESO are Telemedia.

Seriously! :rolleyes: Seriously :eek: Seriously :confused: Seriously :(

jsemple wrote: »
    All the stuff I read online about the business side of Telemedia said how they liked doing a revenue sharing model. Granted this was back when they did all the quiz shows. I think there's a high probability they took a cut from PlayTV and I don't see why that would need to change now

Business ;)

Can we have a link that shows that Telimedia are Eso.TV. It's not that I don't beleive you but I think it would just be the right time to give some proof if any is available. (The seriousness business is sarcastic towards the idea that any right minded individual would work with them again).

As this will be deleted and I will prob be censored and kick out of TV for a while I just want to say hehehe....

The terms and conditions on the ESO.TV website clearly move all of the responsibility to the psychic and the caller.
    The psychic services will be provided personally by the psychics and not by the Producer or the Broadcaster. Neither the Producer nor the Broadcaster have any knowledge or psychic ability. The psychic services are for entertainment purposes only. The responsibility of the Broadcaster is to broadcast the Show and the responsibility of the Producer is to produce the show and its services, including enabling the telephone connection between the Callers and the psychics. Neither the Producer nor the Broadcaster or any of their employees, officers, directors or shareholders are and shall be responsible in any manner whatsoever to any act and/or omission of any psychic, including any words, sayings, suggestions, offers etc. of the psychics, and the Caller waives all demands against the Broadcaster and/or the Producer in connection thereto. All responsibility to any such acts and/or omissions shall be borne only by the psychics personally.

Yet at the same time
    The Caller shall not have any right, including Copyrights and performance rights, in the Recorded Parts and/or in the Show, and such rights shall be owned by the broadcaster and/or the Producer.

And if the caller is calling then they are possibly giving a religious opinion of some kind
    The Callers may not, without any reservation, promote or advertise any product or service, use blatant language, curse or say anything else (including defamatory language) which might harm or damage any person, body or entity, distribute political or religious opinions or any other matter.

And just don't contact the BAI about something said on Phychics live because
    Each Caller is exclusively liable to any saying made by him during his participation in the Show and any consequence of his sayings.

And lets just be clear
    The Producers and/or the Broadcaster decisions in all matters shall be final and non appealable

And it is also a subscription service
    Personal data such as name. address, telephone number (hereinafter: "Personal Data") provided by the Callers and/or which are received with respect to the Callers during their connection shall be kept and may be used for quality control by the Broadcaster and/or the Producer and the suppliers and their contractors thereof for the purpose of conducting the Show and Producer's services there under. The caller agrees that by calling the Show, he/she will periodically receive SMS information from Broadcaster and/or the Producer.

And
    Psychics are independent contractors and are in no way employees of EsoTV. Psychics may provide EsoTV with profile images and written biographies. Where psychics are unable to provide profile images that are appropriate or of sufficient quality, and/or where psychics may wish to protect their privacy, then stock photos or avatars may be used to represent the psychics in their on-line profiles.

Seriously! http://ie.eso.tv/main/content?cid=termsPsychicReadingsLiveTV

Proof.
    =-=-=-=
    Visit AboutUs.org for more information about eso.tv
    AboutUs: eso.tv

Domain name: eso.tv

Registrant Contact:
    Media-Invest International LLC.
    Jeno Torocsik (text2image.php?md5=9897611b4be8f708ace4a05efe3f5dd9)

Fax:
    20-22 Boszormenyi Ut
    Budapest, H-1126
    HU

Administrative Contact:
    -
    Jeno Torocsik ( text2image.php?md5=9897611b4be8f708ace4a05efe3f5dd9)
    +1.14565666
    Fax:
    Boszormenyi ut 20-22
    Budapest, 1126
    HU

Technical Contact:
    -
    Jeno Torocsik (text2image.php?md5=9897611b4be8f708ace4a05efe3f5dd9 )
    +1.14565666
    Fax:
    Boszormenyi ut 20-22
    Budapest, 1126
    HU

Name Servers:
    ns2.telemedia.hu
    ns3.telemedia.hu

Creation date: 09 Aug 2008 02:48:33
    Expiration date: 09 Aug 2013 02:48:00

• Advertisement

Caller with autistic child

Caller annoyed she is not onto Sam and will get onto someone

Court case call gets it wrong

spookwoman wrote: »
    Court case call gets it wrong

I can't watch Spookwoman how do you do it?

Car accident?
    No work place.
    Oh that is interesting I have a career card here :rolleyes:

I'll stop there.

I don't suffer fools.

I think you can and I used to think I could.

I watch to some extent at night half listening taking note of the call times and anything interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Wonder whos presenting tonight?

Oracle wrote: »
    Wonder whos presenting tonight?

Pretty sure it's Sam again unfortunately. :(

EDIT: Yup, Sam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Sam :confused: Never heard of her. Mmmm I feel there's comedy potential there though ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement