Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

posting etiquette.

• 23-07-2012 3:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else ever wrote a realllllllllllly long post, then not posted it because they did not like the first sentence and assumed the rest was awful shite?:D

One or two too many 'l's there but I think I will leave it as it is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

My Cats name is Mittens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Yes.
    I mean no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

This is too confusing, I should have used a poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

No, but if the first sentence of a really long post is ****e, i usually won't bother reading the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

nuxxx wrote: »
    My Cats name is Mittens

orly? Tell me more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sometimes when i'm typing a post, i type a word out, and then wonder if i've spelled in properly. I spend so long questioning if i've spelled it properly that i begin to wonder if the word actually exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Sometimes when i'm typing a post, i type a word out, and then wonder if i've spelled in properly. I spend so long questioning if i've spelled it properly that i begin to wonder if the word actually exists.

At 7am after a night of essay writing I came up with the sentence "this behaviour typicates/typifies..."
    And I had no idea which was correct! No internet connection and word didn't recognise either. Thankfully I went for the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Sometimes when I'm typing my brainraces aheadanfdmyfingerz cantkeepup powij jpofj p3roijfgp3gin;nlskafngpeognnknjfibjbk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

how is it confusing? its just a bunch of people saying no, oh and by the way, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I've typed out a fair few posts and for various reasons decided not to post them.
    Recently I typed out something about the doctor and then thought it was too personal. On another day I'd be posting my address... I don't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

how is it confusing? its just a bunch of people saying no, oh and by the way, no.

It's replies like this that have made AH what it is today.

It's replies like this that have made AH what it is today.

I thought it was posts like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

What time is it ?

Lapin wrote: »
    What time is it ?

After Hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

At 7am after a night of essay writing I came up with the sentence "this behaviour typicates/typifies..."
    And I had no idea which was correct! No internet connection and word didn't recognise either. Thankfully I went for the latter.
    Which was incorrect. Should have been typify's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

It's treads like this that have made AH what it is today.
    Fyp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Personally, I like to use a rod.

Advertisement