Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compub...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Why did you feel the need to bring up an ancient thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Busyness1

Just because it's old doesn't mean it's not retarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No reason to reply to something from 2 years ago just to give an opinion, is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Busyness1 wrote: »
    Christ above. You went in with a jb iPad, thus warranty non-existent. Staff member told you the mouse doesn't work with an out of box iPad which is good enough in itself. If you wanted to test your jb unit, buy the mouse bring it home and test it. Bin it if it doesn't work (Although I'm sure you'd attempt to return it) hence why no-one requesting info is entertained regarding a jailbroken device for any reason. Suck it up and move on. People like you and computer stores really annoy me!! You were happy enough to risk the jb, why not risk purchasing the mouse to do something outside of the manufacturers guidelines and stop making excuses.

I think he moved on too years ago. !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Compub is a cheap and crappy imitation of an Apple Store. Staff who don't know what they are talking about and technical support that is an embarrassment. Stay away from them is my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Piliger wrote: »
    Compub is a cheap and crappy imitation of an Apple Store. Staff who don't know what they are talking about and technical support that is an embarrassment. Stay away from them is my advice.

I don't think you can paint every CompuB store & their employees with the same brush. They are an authorised Apple reseller, not a cheap and crappy imitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I suspect the sales assistant wasn't experienced with jailbreaking which is why he kept insisting that it wouldn't work.
    Or he was simply covering his ass, because jailbroken devices are not supported by Apple, and that's an official Apple retailer. It's awkward, but I'd likely do the same if that was me working there. There may be store policies regarding this too.

Edit: Seeing the date now though...who replies to 2 year threads with that!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Edit: Seeing the date now though...who replies to 2 year threads with that!?

Someone with just 14 posts who joined 6 months ago ?

Take it easy people, it's just a zombie thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I don't think you can paint every CompuB store & their employees with the same brush. They are an authorised Apple reseller, not a cheap and crappy imitation.

They are all the same company and exactly, they are an authorised reseller, and that is all. They are in no way comparable with being an Apple Store. They get away with murder because no one in Apple pays any attention to the Irish market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Piliger wrote: »
    They are all the same company and exactly, they are an authorised reseller, and that is all. They are in no way comparable with being an Apple Store. They get away with murder because no one in Apple pays any attention to the Irish market.

You should relax with the sensationalism, how do they get away with murder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

It's Sunday, people. Chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

The reason why it didnt work is because iPads DON'T support mouses only keyboards

Advertisement