Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deck Lights

• 23-07-2012 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Looking at loads of deck lights online and they seem to come in 3 sizes, 30mm, 40mm and 60mm

Its hard to picture what these would look like sitting on a deck, what is the normal size? Would 30 be too small or 60 too big? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

It depends on the size of the decking.... I have put in 30mm lights on small decking and 60/70 on large decking....Both have looked well... You will know yourself when you see the size of the decking what to use...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

the deck will be about 40m2, I think i'll go with the 40mm ones and see how I get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think DiggerDunne is referring to the width of the individual boards when he talks about the size of the decking rather than the total area of the decking.

ie. A 60mm inset decking light will look silly on 75mm wide board but not on a 150mm etc. A 30 or 40mm fitting would look better with the thinner boards.

Advertisement