Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to reset HKC alarm

Options
  • 23-07-2012 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone know how much it would cost to get a HKC alarm reset.

I am moving into a house this week that has an alarm installed but the estate agent does not have the alarm code and has no way of getting in contact with the previous tenent.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What HKC system have you got?
    You will need the engineer code to reset it of else try the factory default method below.

Beware this removes all setting & the system will need to be reprogrammed.

Power down the system completely, turn off the mains power & disconnect the battery.
    Remove the factory link marked LK1 & power up[ the system with this still removed.
    Follow the keypad instructions to default the system.
    If you are not prompted to default at the keypad the system is engineer locked & you will need an engineer to default & reset it for you.
    If you need a call out prices will vary from €50-€150 so shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

Thanks for your reply and excuse my stupidity but were would i find out what system it is.

I do not want to wipe out all the settings so i will have to try and find an installer to sort this out

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you know how many zones you have?
    Otherwise you can open the main panel and you can from there.

Advertisement