Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Data Problem

Options
  • 23-07-2012 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with eMobile data on my iPhone4S. Every morning my phone shows it's connected to data but can't download or send any data.

I try putting toggling airplane mode to 're-initialise' the connection but this does not work. It only corrects itself after I power cycle the phone.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

TBi wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with eMobile data on my iPhone4S. Every morning my phone shows it's connected to data but can't download or send any data.

I try putting toggling airplane mode to 're-initialise' the connection but this does not work. It only corrects itself after I power cycle the phone.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hi TBi,

when was the last time you synched your phone with iTunes? Coudl you try this and check if you have updated to the latest version.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Hi TBi,

when was the last time you synched your phone with iTunes? Coudl you try this and check if you have updated to the latest version.

Tony

Last week. iOS 5.1.1 (9B206), Carrier is Meteor 12.0.

32GB iPhone 4S

iTunes is the latest version as well. I keep everything up to date.

EDIT: I've just tried resetting network settings and will see how this works.

Last week. iOS 5.1.1 (9B206), Carrier is Meteor 12.0.

32GB iPhone 4S

iTunes is the latest version as well. I keep everything up to date.

EDIT: I've just tried resetting network settings and will see how this works.

Hi TBi,

Has this issue been resolved for you?

Tony

Hi TBi,

Tony

I won't know until tomorrow. Works fine all day after i reboot, then the next day it stops working.

Nope, same problem this morning. No data again but it doesn't say not connected straight away, the 'wheel' just spins around and around...

• Advertisement

Nope, same problem this morning. No data again but it doesn't say not connected straight away, the 'wheel' just spins around and around...

Hi TBi,

Sorry to hear you are still havibg this issue. Could you Dm your mobile number and pin and I will get this checked out for you.

Grainne

Gone again today.

Gone again today.

Hi TBi,

I will get this checked out again for you. Have you put your phone onto airplane mode and back on? Does this resolve the issue?

Grainne

Hi TBi,

I will get this checked out again for you. Have you put your phone onto airplane mode and back on? Does this resolve the issue?

Grainne

Tried this and it doesn't work. The internet only reconnects after i restart the phone.

Gone again today!

EDIT: I set airplane mode for >2 minutes and that worked so it seems it's the time off the network that corrects the issue.

Would still love not to have this problem.

• Advertisement

Gone again today!

EDIT: I set airplane mode for >2 minutes and that worked so it seems it's the time off the network that corrects the issue.

Would still love not to have this problem.

Hi TBi,

Glad to hear this resolved the issue. Yes I understand your frustration in regard to this. I am currently getting this investigated for you.

Tony

Went again yesterday while i was out and setting airplane mode wouldn't fix it. Had to power cycle the phone to get it back.

No issue today for some reason though.

Using a HTC Trophy at the moment and i'm not seeing the same issue that the iPhone had.

Has the issue been resolved on your end or is it an iPhone issue?

Back to iPhone and back to not having internet. It worked this morning but stopped working between then and now.

Got a strange error "Verification failed: Unable to connect" but this might be related to iMessage.

Any update on this? It would be nice to use the internet i've paid for without these problems...

EDIT: Can't even register on emobile forum to raise these issues there!

Internet is gone again today.

It would be great if i got an update on what's happening?

Back to iPhone and back to not having internet. It worked this morning but stopped working between then and now.

Got a strange error "Verification failed: Unable to connect" but this might be related to iMessage.

Any update on this? It would be nice to use the internet i've paid for without these problems...

EDIT: Can't even register on emobile forum to raise these issues there!

Hi TBi
    Can see some reports of this issue online. I have brought this to our IT section and hope to have some update soon.

Tony

Internet is gone again today.

It would be great if i got an update on what's happening?

Hi TBi

Have the following info from our IT guys..
    In the case of the iPhone the best step to take is to connect the handset to a PC and restore it through iTunes. Any software or carrier setting updates available for the handset will be applied. This has shown 95% success in addressing operational issues according to Apple.

If this does not work the other option is to send the handset for repair. For the iPhone the repair process consists of screening and replacement of faulty handsets. Let me know how this goes.

Tony.

Happening on two iPhone 4S's and not on a HTC Trophy. I think it's an iPhone problem, or a 'how the eMobile network works with iphones problem'.

Advertisement