Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool to be hip?

• 23-07-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭

Is it cool to be hip these days or is it cooler not to be hip?Is hip even cool ?Is cool even cool?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It`s hip to be square da da da na na na
    hip to be square.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I was hip before it was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

it's never cool to wear oversized glasses and undersized jeans. i dont know much about cool, but i know that. geek chic = punch by the biffo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

hip to be square.

Dammit! That's exactly what I was going to post.

But...I used to be with it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Cool to be hip | pih eb ot looC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

kneemos wrote: »
    Is it cool to be hip these days or is it cooler not to be hip?Is hip even cool ?Is cool even cool?
    You need to relax daddyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.

I was never cool though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I try my best to be always hip and happening with the younger generation and their Diet Mi-Wadi Max drinks, playing music on their Upods and Mario The Hedgehog on the Nintendo Xstation 3 Lite 3DF.

I'm, how they say, down........with that poo? Yo?

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I try my best to be always hip and happening with the younger generation and their Diet Mi-Wadi Max drinks, playing music on their Upods and Mario The Hedgehog on the Nintendo Xstation 3 Lite 3DF.

I'm, how they say, down........with that poo? Yo?

Hey you sound home with the downies! (please get the Dylan Moran reference!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I used to be hip. Now I'm more hip replacement :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

chin_grin wrote: »
    Hey you sound home with the downies! (please get the Dylan Moran reference!).

I don't know who this........Dylan..........is and why you call him a moron, I'm sure he's a nice young fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hardy_buck

hip to be square.

Oh You like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too New Wave for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to Be Square," a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

Is Snoopy Snoopy Dog Dog still hip with the urchins?

hardy_buck wrote: »
    Oh You like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too New Wave for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to Be Square," a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

You know way too much about Huey Lewis man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

American Psycho?

If so you are both hip and cool - if not, you're a rich pyschotic serial killer.

American Psycho?

If so you are both hip and cool - if not, you're a rich pyschotic serial killer.

Didn`t get the reference.

Haven`t seen American Psycho.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hardy_buck

I'm just a happy camper... A Rockin' and a rollin'

How I dance to Huey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Its cool to be a hipster and anti establishment now a days. Ironically they have become what they are so against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Hey Paul!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

My mom thinks I'm cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

*sharpens axe*

Na na na na na na na...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

LordSmeg wrote: »
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Is"mom" cool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

LordSmeg wrote: »
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Your mom thinks I'm hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

As a young person, I know that in order to be cool these days you have to constantly like those photos with the caption "1 like = 1 prayer" on Facebook or else you are a complete heartless nobody. You must also wear bold colour high-top shoes with the tongue sticking out over your jeans. These are the RULES.

I'm ok with being a complete heartless nobody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Who the hell even uses the word 'hip' these days. That term is just as dead as 'Trendy' or 'Snazzy'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I'm a very specific kind of hip. It's too obscure. You wouldn't know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

hip to be square.

I cant listen to this song without wanting to explain all about Huey Lewis, put on a rainmack and kill somebody with an axe......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

If you are trying to be cool then you have already failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you too!

Advertisement