Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lots of garden waste

Options
  • 23-07-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I'm in the middle of cutting down 5 or 6 overgrown 40ft trees in the back garden of a newly aquired house. I'm skint after the purchase, and want to do as much of the garden and house updating myself as possible. Anybody know anywhere I can bring a few trailer loads of green waste to at a reasonable cost? (Preferably free!!).

I never really understood the DCC charging people to take their garden waste, and then selling the resutlant mulch/compost etc.

BTW, I'm in Artane, but don't mind driving to save money.

JB.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

jagerboy wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of cutting down 5 or 6 overgrown 40ft trees in the back garden of a newly aquired house. I'm skint after the purchase, and want to do as much of the garden and house updating myself as possible. Anybody know anywhere I can bring a few trailer loads of green waste to at a reasonable cost? (Preferably free!!).

I never really understood the DCC charging people to take their garden waste, and then selling the resutlant mulch/compost etc.

BTW, I'm in Artane, but don't mind driving to save money.

JB.

Mulch.ie in Coolock will take those trees off you.

They will collect them or you can bring them down to them in Newtwon Industrial Estate.

Also Dublin City Council Recycling Centre down in the North Strand and at the Pigeon House in Ringsend will take that off you.

20 euro for a large van load though.

PS-Im also in Duiblin 9 myself,and wouldnt mind a few tree trunks for my stove for winter firewood??

I can arrange for them to be collected for free too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

Looks like a great option Paddy147 if you live nearby, but I don't see any mention of them collecting stuff from you on their website, maybe they have stopped collections?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

None of these 40ft trees able to be used for firewood?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

Oxigen Recycling Center in Ballymount - 25e single axel trailer
    45e - double axel trailer
    this place is quite far from artane, but this is the cheapes place in dublin as far as I know
    i have heard about mulch.ie but never tried them so dont know prices
    there is also one place in stillorgan but this is far away for you

DCC recycling place in Ringsend use to be very expensive, but dont know their prices at the moment

if you have chain saw you may cut trunks for smaller pieces and give them to someone with fireplace etc.
    if you have trailer you may hire shredder from local hire center for weekend and shred the rest down. and then all this stuff may fit in one trailer, or you can use it around your garden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

Also try peter o brien landscaping. Their yard is just off malahide rd up past kinsealy. Shredder idea not so good as the ones from hire shops are more for twigs than branches. Cabra tool hire have a big one. 250 a day i think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement