Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Dublin South

Options
  • 23-07-2012 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have gotten a job in Sandyford, and I will be my family (pre-school). Can anyone suggest a nice area that is; Safe, Good amenties, Good public transport and descent commuting distance to Sandyford.

I am not that family with Dublin, so apologies for my ignorance.

Thank you all in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Ballinteer is nice - within walking or cycling distance of Sandyford, and close to the Luas tram system and the huge Dundrum Town Centre. Lots of schools nearby for the kids, and lots of leisure stuff in Marlay Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I'd suggest Dundrum/Balinteer. You'll have the choice of walking, cycling, Luas or driving to Sandyford. The village and shopping centre are great, there's a swimming pool in Balinteer and a nice network of paths that along the streams in the area. Plus there's the Luas which is by far and away the best/handiest form of public transport in Dublin (not just for getting to work).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Why not Sandyford itself ?

21/25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Stillorgan is right beside Sandyford and has fantastic transport links and is a very "respectable" area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Basically, in the immediate/near vicinity you are spoilt for choice - most places are excellent neighbourhoods anyone would be happy to live in. If you want feedback on a specific area, it would be easier..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

that's great to hear, thank you very for the advise...

Advertisement