Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Lower Backache 7weeks pregnant

Options
  • 23-07-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Hi girls, since yesterday but increasing by the moment, I have incredibly bad backache in my lower spine. It hurts when I sit and lie down but is excruciating when I stand and walk. I dont have any spotting but Im worried it might be a missed miscarriage. I am so worried but not sure who to even ask. Im registered to the coombe but my first appt isnt until the 15th August.

What is the best thing to do?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hi girls, since yesterday but increasing by the moment, I have incredibly bad backache in my lower spine. It hurts when I sit and lie down but is excruciating when I stand and walk. I dont have any spotting but Im worried it might be a missed miscarriage. I am so worried but not sure who to even ask. Im registered to the coombe but my first appt isnt until the 15th August.

What is the best thing to do?

thanks.

If you are worried at all go straight to the Coombe, they can do an internal exam at the early baby clinic.

Ps hope all is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

ring the hospital, they have an early pregnancy clinic and may do a very early scan, at the very least they will do a few tests along the way.
    Try not to worry or think the worst although it`s much easier said than done.
    Good luck x :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

As the others said.
    If it's just back pain (& not caused by anything else) then they may be able to refer you to a pregnancy physio in the hospital to help with it.
    Best of luck, I'm sure everything is fine.

I got horrendous back pain from week 8/9 up til about 11, it took that long for it to sort out, there was nothing wrong with the pregnancy, it was just the hormones making my ligaments and joints go out of whack & I was far more prone to a bad back. Then got it again somewhere around 5/6 mths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

thanks everyone. Mink, did you go to the hospital to find that out or just live with it?

I dont want to be melodramatic but it just happened so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

yellow hen wrote: »
    thanks everyone. Mink, did you go to the hospital to find that out or just live with it?

I dont want to be melodramatic but it just happened so quickly.
    I got bad back pain around week 8 or 9 and it was my ligaments moving. I was told between weeks 8 to 15 you get the largest hormone / relaxin surge and your muscles move tons. It was my lower spine and sometimes concentrated on the left side so bad I couldn't put weight on my left leg. I just took paracetamol, hot water bottle and after a few weeks got into the physio. Best of luck hope everything is ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I got bad back pain as well around 8 or 9 weeks with my two pregnancies
    yellowhen. It sorted itself out around week 12. I had a miscarraige at eight weeks and the pain felt more like period pain but every miscarraige is different. Although i would go to the hospital if the pain is excruciating especially when walking. Im sure everything is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks everyone. The pain eased a bit in the afternoon so I decided to rest up tonight and see what tomorrow brings.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hopefully its just ligaments YH. If you do decide to go to the EPU, dont do what I did - I tried to ring for an appointment and was totally fobbed off on the phone by the clerk. Later in the pregnancy I happened to mention it to one of the midwives and she said that if I just turned up they would have had to examine me. So just turn up.

I did go in with a pain around 18 weeks, turned out to be nothing but they reassured me I did the right thing in coming in to get it checked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No medical advice. Go to hospital or your GP who will probably just refer you on to the hospital anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement