Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get from limerick to enniskillen?

• 23-07-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

hi lads can anyone advise me on how to get from limerick to enniskillen. I have a test thursday morning and I just haven't a clue on how to get from here to there thanks by train if possible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

clarbar wrote: »
    hi lads can anyone advise me on how to get from limerick to enniskillen. I have a test thursday morning and I just haven't a clue on how to get from here to there thanks by train if possible

Enniskillen isn't served by rail. Your best bet is to bus it to Sligo and then switch at Sligo to get on to Enniskillen.

Sligo - Enniskillen
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1321533149-66.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Or Train to Houston station in Dublin, then go to Connolly station and go from there to Sligo and get the 66 bus from Sligo to the Enniskillen bus station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

Limerick express to Galway and then the Galway to Belfast bus which goes through Sligo and Enniskillen.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

absolute legends!! thanks I would be useless if it wasn't for this site ha, one more question I am a carer and I have the carers pass will this work for the bus from Sligo to Enniskillen?

Actually unless you are able to go up the day before and stay overnight, then getting the bus up from Limerick is not an option if your test is in the morning as the Bus Eireann website has no bus listed as arriving before 11:30 and the one that arrives in Sligo at 11:30 has a 9 hour (yes 9 hours :eek:.) journey time.

The regular ones with the 4 and 4.5 journey times don't get to Sligo until 13:15 at the earliest, and you would still have the trip to Enniskillen to go.

Will just have a look at the train times to see if any would allow you to make a morning appointment with you leaving Limerick on the same morning, but I have a feeling that you may require to go up the day before with the train option also.

• Advertisement

Medic475 wrote: »
    Limerick express to Galway and then the Galway to Belfast bus which goes through Sligo and Enniskillen.

That is a great shout.

absolute legends!! thanks I would be useless if it wasn't for this site ha, one more question I am a carer and I have the carers pass will this work for the bus from Sligo to Enniskillen?

Have no idea to be honest, but if a carer's pass normally works on Bus Eireann buses, then it should work on that route as long as you use Bus Eireann. Probably best to ring Bus Eireann for a definite answer to that question

Limerick

(061) 313333

Sligo

(071) 9160066

Just checked the train timetables and the earliest you can arrive into Sligo( if you train from Limerick to Houston, bus from Houston to Connolly, and train from Connolly to Sligo ) is 12:15, and you would still have the bus journey from Sligo to Enniskillen ahead of you, so getting their for a morning appointment by train would require you to come up the day before and stay overnight

Limerick to Galway by bus has an earliest arrival time of 09:45

Galway to Sligo would have an arrival time of 13:15 and you still have the Sligo to Enniskillen bit.

No way to make it same day for a morning appointment that way either.

Looks like your only option if you are travelling by bus or train is to go up the evening before and stay overnight.

Of all the routes, Medic's suggestion comes with the shortest travel time.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

9 hours !!:eek: , Im going wednesday bnb paid for , its one of the uk army tests I will be doing so they pay for the bnb at least . was googling away and seen that Busáras goes to enniskillen in under 3 hours and so does the Dublin Airport Atrium Road bus in the same time . used the website called getthere.ie , so I hope thats right all the same I think I ll have a ponder around limerick bus station today and ask them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bennyri

Limerick to Dublin then get the 30 bus from bus aras (Donegal) it stops in Enniskillen and is fairly regular

Advertisement