Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PE Boarding Kennels

• 23-07-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Thinking of boarding my dog with PE kennels in Crumlin, can anyone recommend them or have any experience with them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thinking of boarding my dog with PE kennels in Crumlin, can anyone recommend them or have any experience with them.

They are fantastic. Paddy is brilliant with dogs especially nervous ones. They are very flexible with dropping off and collection times. I have called unannounced numerous times and paddy is always delighted to let me inspect everywhere he even brings me to cattery! The kennels are not facing each other so it is less stressful for your dog. He has those great beds from USA in all the kennels which are tiled. The dogs are let out to play together for most of the day and only locked up in the evening, lights out is 11pm and radio is left on all night. My dogs have never come back smelly or traumatised! I think his son is running it now but I am sure he is just as good as paddy. From what I remember
    they don't except restricted breeds and prefer that dogs are insured. (don't know if that is still the case). They used to feed dogs royal canine but last year he was trying out gain dog food. They charge €15 per night and don't give discounts on multiple nights or pets :( Another great place is the canine country club http://caninecountryclub.ie/ although in Kildare it only takes me 35 mins (from Blackrock), the staff there are super. If you want a home environment, home from home kennels in Wexford are meant to be brilliant http://homefromhomekennels.com/
    They will pick up and drop off your dog and it will sleep in the kitchen. I have never used them but they were recommended
    to me from a dog rescue. Whichever you decide you should inspect any kennels first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

paddy does take restricted breeds. i have my staff up with him and she loves it up there. always comes back to me in great form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

paddy does take restricted breeds. i have my staff up with him and she loves it up there. always comes back to me in great form.

O that's great, last June he said he wasn't taking in restricted breeds but obviously that has changed, something about a gsd fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 July2012

Have decided to use P&E Kennels, due to comments on this thread & following inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oberlus

Very disappointed in them. I called several times and I was told I would get a call back from another one of the staff but they never did, he was simply putting me off so I had to stop by and apart from this, I was disappointed also because of their lack of humanity as I could not get the deposit back even though my dog died and even though I called them the next day after he passed away, 20 days before the day I supposed to leave the dog in the kennel. I understand that it's not refundable, but in such circumstances I think, as a human being, that they should be more flexible. I felt robbed. If I ever have another dog, I will never come back to this place. It's just a business for them. Shame on them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement