Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Photographer won't deliver

Options
  • 23-07-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

It has been almost a year and we have not received our wedding photos. Photog is located in NI. We have sent certified letters and received no answer and he dos not answer e-mails or his phone either. I know small claims court is an option, but I don't want money and it seems like the small claims would only get me money, and not even too much. I want my photos.
    Does anyone have any ideas on what is the best way to proceed to get them? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Leave him a voice mail booking him for a wedding then meet up to discuss and confront him/her...?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Zabka

I would have gone to his place ages ago, but I don't live in NI or Ireland. So I would love an option that is not me going to knock on his door.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Sorry to hear about your photos. You are right about the small claims court, as far as I know you cannot sue for your photographs as they are the intellectual property of the photographer. This is just my experience from hearing of a similar issue...a friend of a friend ha the same problem.
    As far as I can see the only option would be to issue him with a written ultimatum i.e deliver the photos by x date or you will sue him. Hopefully he would rather deliver the photos than have to pay you compensation. Are you sure he still lives at that address? Could also be an issue.
    Maybe you should head over to the legal forum where I'm sure you could get some good advice.

Advertisement