Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Launched

Options
  • 23-07-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Launched this weekend. Zingara
    It is a Drascombe Longboat twinmasted Sailing Boat over 40 years old.
    She has had an interesting life.
    Origionally owned by the Royal Naval College at Dartmouth and even sailed by some of the Royal Family (Prince Charles 1971) but not confirmed.
    Most recently she was a registered fishing vessle in Guernsey where I bought her as a badly damaged project.
    I have always liked the hull shape of these boats.
    I have raised the freeboard by 5" and added the aft shelter which is open and more for asthetics than practical use.
    She cruises very nicely.
    She is based out on Blessington Lake.
    Love to hear your comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

She's certainly a lovely looking boat, and very different! Almost looks like something you see in the movies from Venice!!
    What sort of engine have you in it??

Well ware and all that :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Congrats on the launch and well done on the rebuild it's always great to see a old boat get a new life I'm sure she will turn a few heads out on the water.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Grand refit, well done.

What's the deal with having a "larger" boat on Blessington? Do you keep her on a club mooring?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭whacker1982

reminds me of thailand island hopping on a long tail boat, taking in the scenery, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

any pics of when u got it before and after

• Advertisement
Advertisement