Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus S Jelly Bean

Options
  • 23-07-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has received the OTA to Jelly Bean for the Nexus S in Ireland yet? (Vodafone - I9023)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mr ping

I have just recieved the OTA for jellybean , will report back in a few days n let u know how its going. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Got it last week. Don't expect anything radically different compared to ICS.
    Very smooth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mr ping

Im noticing the smoothness, ICS was a pain in the arse, hope it stays this way.
    Loving the new google now, n the animations have improved, haven looked but if you know a way of making more home screens let me know or any good hidden features :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Does Jellybean improve the bad signal issue??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

scudzilla wrote: »
    Does Jellybean improve the bad signal issue??

What network are you with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It's an unbranded handset, have tried most Sims in it, sometimes they work, then just lose signal after a few mins and that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

FYI, I managed to get this to come down OTA last night by doing the clear data and force stop on the google framework services and then using the checkin option *#*2432546#*#*.

Had to do it about 5 times but it worked eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

can someone help me out. i just received the update to jelly been a few days ago and noticed that i am unable to connect to my wifi at work. still works for my wifi at home but at work it connects but the bars are not blue. i have a galaxy nexus by the way. thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What happens when you try to connect?
    Have you deleted and re added the connection?

I have a Google Nexus S and am on Meteor ,got the upgrade yesterday and love the new card feature.
    Swipe from the end of the phone to the top to see it.
    No issues with it yet but only been a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

i have deleted the connection and connected again. i noticed that it goes on and off. so, it would connect and disconnect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

i have deleted the connection and connected again. i noticed that it goes on and off. so, it would connect and disconnect.

When your in the wifi screen, hit the menu button and there will be an option in the advanced (I think) to avoid weak wifi APs. Untick that and it will connect

Advertisement