Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympics Betting Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

wprathead wrote: »
    what were the odds on Angel in the 200m freestyle?

Greater than 4.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Greater than 4.5

Agnel was 2/1

Samich wrote: »
    Agnel was 2/1

Not Greater than 4.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

cool, was prob higher than 2/1 before the relay

Congrats Ade on Miss Franklin

Not Greater than 4.5.

Yes, he was 2/1 ;) :P Poor call by me :( Lost some money on Sun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

-Ade- wrote: »
    No real value on Lochete nor Greaves tonight.

Gone for a small bet on Missy Franklin @ 6/1 in the 100m backstroke.

Good call! :)

It was some swim considering she swam 20 minutes before, ya gota love the youth 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Any boxing tips?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Good call! :)

Cheers lads. Kinda wished I put on more than 20 quid on it now, but I'm being greedy. A friend was adamant she'd win! He was right.

It was some swim considering she swam 20 minutes before, ya gota love the youth 17.

Aye, some talent. Delighted for her bet aside, considering were she is from (Colorado) and that extra motivation she had going into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

interested in any tips we could come up with done badly first 2days after coming back very tired from trip away havnt been thinking straight.

The mens swimming is so open this year, looking forward to track cycling too.

What was the race that Chinese girl just swam? Thought it was the 200m IM. Can't see it on Bet365?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

What was the race that Chinese girl just swam? Thought it was the 200m IM. Can't see it on Bet365?
    It was. Betting suspended while they re-do the odds I'd say. She was 5/6, say goodbye to that price!

yes I think it was.

mickmc7 wrote: »
    It was. Betting suspended while they re-do the odds I'd say. She was 5/6, say goodbye to that price!

The odds could be @1.10 and you'd still be making money I think :P Can't see her being beaten the way she's going. Beat the OR handily.

Wow, she's @1.02 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Michael Phelps @1.53 to win the 100M Fly tomorrow.

Anyone know anything about swimming and this event?

BKC wrote: »

He was supposed to be very good in the qualifiers as far as I know.

womans weight lifting a strange one to go see.

il do bit digging on tomorrows swimming

It is his favourite discipline, he won his 1st gold at it,

his heats went well and he blasted through to take 1st place in it, it will be one he wants to win and one I think he will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

It is his favourite discipline, he won his 1st gold at it,

his heats went well and he blasted through to take 1st place in it, it will be one he wants to win and one I think he will win.
    You're getting mixed up with the 200 fly. The 100 fly heats haven't happened yet. Also, he may have won his heat tonite but he was far from impressive. Having said that, I'd gladly back him to win the 100 and 200 fly. It's what he does best.

• Advertisement

You're getting mixed up with the 200 fly. The 100 fly heats haven't happened yet. Also, he may have won his heat tonite but he was far from impressive. Having said that, I'd gladly back him to win the 100 and 200 fly. It's what he does best.

My mistake. PP says "Thursday 11:10" - thought it said Tuesday. :o

My bad I never looked at the distance mentioned.

What a shock in the volleyball. Would have been huge odds on the Poland upsetting the US, and even more so in a clean sweep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

What a shock in the volleyball. Would have been huge odds on the Poland upsetting the US, and even more so in a clean sweep!

Where was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Not to clued in on the Olympics but is Usain Bolt worth a bet tomorrow at 1-2 in the 200m?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

KingK wrote: »
    Not to clued in on the Olympics but is Usain Bolt worth a bet tomorrow at 1-2 in the 200m?

Athletics don't start until Friday

I think that might be next Tuesday the 7th.

but even then its hard to know, in the heats he might try to do just enough, conserving energy,

then he might want to show he is back in top order and want to win all his heats,(I think this is the way he will go)

but then you will have the other sprinters wanting to be able to say they beat him and every heat could be their final,

what price is it for him to win the 200 and the 100 while not losing heats (is the semi final classed as a heat? im guessing it would be)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Sorry next Tuesday,mixed up dates,common mistake when on the scratcher !!!

Bolt to win both 100m and 200m is 6-4 in Paddy Power. I think he could be beaten in the 100m but he seems solid enough for the 200m

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I wouldn't touch that 6/4. Yohann Blake has his number and I'm backing him to win the 100

their are some bad words going in the background on blake, so the presure will be on bolt to ensure blake doesnt get his gold.

Nice first heat of 100m freestyle here 4 nobodys.

bet i like lads is this, over 1.5 golds for irelands in the games. Katie should take one and we could take another in the boxing, and we have 2 chances in the sailing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

manafana wrote: »
    their are some bad words going in the background on blake, so the presure will be on bolt to ensure blake doesnt get his gold.

Nice first heat of 100m freestyle here 4 nobodys.

bet i like lads is this, over 1.5 golds for irelands in the games. Katie should take one and we could take another in the boxing, and we have 2 chances in the sailing.

Odds and bookie?

Warper wrote: »
    Odds and bookie?

sorry price gone now was paddys and betdaq has some liquidty, paddys now go 2/5, and i just took all the 1.86 on betdaq, annalise is looking good in the sailing to get a gold.

i posted up all details on twitter sorry didnt link to oddschecker here.

manafana wrote: »
    sorry price gone now was paddys and betdaq has some liquidty, paddys now go 2/5, and i just took all the 1.86 on betdaq, annalise is looking good in the sailing to get a gold.

Was available @3.50 a few days ago. Was thinking about taking it, but I didn't bother.

Was going to have a big bet on the basketball (USA match) but the spread is hilarious even if justified to an extent. Argentina v France is hard to call. Think it'll be very tight. Might still have a bet on the US game by tip off time, we'll see.

Placed these a little earlier..

Treble of -
    China in the 10M Womens Synchronised Diving @ 1/6
    Phelps in the 200M Butterfly Final @ 4/7
    Djokovic in the Tennis @ 1/6

Single -
    France in the Mens 4x200m Freestyle Relay @ 7/2 (more of a chancer bet if anything admittedly, I'll be surprised if the US mess this up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Sorry next Tuesday,mixed up dates,common mistake when on the scratcher !!!

Bolt to win both 100m and 200m is 6-4 in Paddy Power. I think he could be beaten in the 100m but he seems solid enough for the 200m

Would be thinking the oppposite Bolt at 90% in the 100m is still streets ahead of anyone on paper (Remember Blakes personal best when beating Bolt earlier this year was still .17 slower than Bolt and slower than US Tyson Gay) Compare that to Blakes 200m back in Brussels last year when the only thing that denied him breaking Bolts WR was a terrible start)

I still think Bolt will come out swinging in both as he is so focused on becoming an all time legend in the sport and he feels that retaining his titles is the only way to do this.

This has been the goal since Berlin (World Championships back in 09)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ziggy_bone

Had Ireland to win more than 1.5 gold medals at 11/5 couple of days back in PP. Now they changed the bet to Less than 2.5 gold medals (@1/3) or more than 2.5 gold medals (@2/1). Thinking of putting a BIG bet on less than 2.5 gold medals. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Double of Phelps 200m Butterfly and Australia to beat GB in Volleyball- comes to to just bit less than Evens

good luck lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Anyone else in Ladbrokes today see their prices on the screen for total Ireland gold medals.

None 3/1
    one 8/13
    two 4/1
    3 or more 12/1

It was there for over an hour might still be there.
    I lumped on exactly 2 at 4/1.
    Because it looks too good to be true I got the manager to look at the screen to confirm the bet.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Anyone else in Ladbrokes today see their prices on the screen for total Ireland gold medals.

None 3/1
    one 8/13
    two 4/1
    3 or more 12/1

It was there for over an hour might still be there.
    I lumped on exactly 2 at 4/1.
    Because it looks too good to be true I got the manager to look at the screen to confirm the bet.

Looks likely at this moment in time with the sailor and KT, but you never know. Certainly some value in it :)

• Advertisement

Was going to have a big bet on the basketball (USA match) but the spread is hilarious even if justified to an extent. Argentina v France is hard to call. Think it'll be very tight. Might still have a bet on the US game by tip off time, we'll see.
    )

Ade would you fancy anything in the total points market under 164.5 is 5/6 ?

Looks likely at this moment in time with the sailor and KT, but you never know. Certainly some value in it :)

Yea just thinking I should of backing 3 or more aswellat 12/1 its just because its ladbrokes tho I was weary.
    if it was a PPshop they would definaltely honour it if it was a mistake which it must of been imo.

Yea just thinking I should of backing 3 or more aswellat 12/1 its just because its ladbrokes tho I was weary.
    if it was a PPshop they would definaltely honour it if it was a mistake which it must of been imo.

I'm not sure, long way to go in the sailing yet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Hi all i was down in Ladbrokes and i have seen the greatest bet in history

Ireland to win 3 or more Gold medals 12/1

Katie in the boxing and the girl in the sailing are shoo ins

just 1 more and we have many chances

Fill your boots quickly and its only available in shops

Powers have this same bet as 2/1

Good luck all

Sparks is it still on the screens now.
    I saw it around 4 ish.

did you back exactly 2 aswell it must be a mistake.

I saw it around 4 ish.

Afaik it still is

Exactly 2 was 9/2

Didnt back it though stuck everything i had on 3 or more:eek:

• Advertisement

I saw it around 4 ish.

No he has 3+ at 12/1

I'm thinking he made a mistake of seeing the 2 gold is 2/1, not 3 or more at 2/1 on PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Annalise Murphy is 1/25 to win gold. Considering we are only 4 races in and there is a huge field and couple of poor results could change everything, can anyone see any value in the others in the field?

Maybe the Dutch @ 14/1?

No he has 3+ at 12/1

I'm thinking he made a mistake of seeing the 2 gold is 2/1, not 3 or more at 2/1 on PP.

Over 2.5 is 2/1 on pp

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/olympics/2012-olympics?ev_oc_grp_ids=706735
    So that is 3 or more

Sparks43 wrote: »

What is under 2.5 gold? You could have a guaranteed earner if it's over 2/1 :)

What is under 2.5 gold? You could have a guaranteed earner if it's over 2/1 :)

1/3 under 2.5

Nah not gonna cover my bet

Pain or pleasure thats the way i roll:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement