Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rashers or Sausages ?

Comments

Rashers for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Superquin sausages are seriously over rated. Way too salty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Used to love a rasher sandwich for a hangover cure but it has to be sausages....a nice big fat juicy sausage on the plate, you couldn't bate it with a shitty stick :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

How are sausages ahead? This thread must be full of quares and wimmin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I wish you could get sausages with bits of rasher rind in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Mmmmmhhh rashers, lol at Muslims and vegetarians...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Hash Browns

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Hash Browns
    They are gross!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

MJ23 wrote: »
    Which is nicer? They're both deadly, but if you to choose one over the other, which would you go for?

Sausages.
    Veggie sausages are fantastic, veggie rashers aren't. :D

• Advertisement

Shenshen wrote: »
    Sausages.
    Veggie sausages are fantastic, veggie rashers aren't. :D
    Here, animals are tasty for a reason... We should embrace their existence by eating them whenever possible!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Any1 else going to make a fry today?

I know I am now. Sausages are better btw but I shall be having both with my fry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Sausages. With ketchup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

mmmmm bacon......crispy bacon om nom nom - in white bread with real butter and ketchup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

smash wrote: »
    Here, animals are tasty for a reason... We should embrace their existence by eating them whenever possible!

If it wasn't for people eating rashers and sausages, pigs wouldn't even exist anymore as they serve no other use to humans other than for food.

So you see, if it were left up to the veggies, pigs would be extinct.

Ergo, vegetarians are evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Rashers, then real sausages, then a billion other foodstuffs, then Irish sausages.

This.
    A thousand times this.

Irish sausages are worse than twenty Hitlers.

• Advertisement

Yawns wrote: »
    Any1 else going to make a fry today?

I know I am now. Sausages are better btw but I shall be having both with my fry!

No! The weekend is over, time to cut out the messing and back to some sort of healthy eating

If it wasn't for people eating rashers and sausages, pigs wouldn't even exist anymore as they serve no other use to humans other than for food.

So you see, if it were left up to the veggies, pigs would be extinct.

Ergo, vegetarians are evil.

Just like the people who want horse racing banned, evil, evil people but that's a story for another day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I like sausages but rashers win by a mile in my book. There's nothing nicer than a rasher and fried egg sandwich unless it's a barbecued rasher and fried egg sandwich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

kfallon wrote: »
    Just like the people who want horse racing banned, evil, evil people but that's a story for another day

Horsemeat is quite tasty & incredibly versatile for cooking.

Though, we should only eat the slow ones.

Neilos wrote: »
    A quality sausage wins hands down over a rasher. The next question is fried or grilled!

Can't believe you would even ASK that question about sausages:eek: Fried all the way:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Silly question, rashers are the epitome of food

Awwww that's my mates you are talking about :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think it's next to impossible to get good rashers or sausages in shops these days and it turns me off ever buying them. The filling in sausages these days seems to be scrapped of the floor, to much fat and gristle. They've become as mean with the rashers too, paper thin and pumped full of water.

Out of the two I'd pick rashers because the average quality seems to be slightly higher seeing as it's a cut of meat rather than whatever crap they decide to put in sausages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Grilled sausages are nice! I usually cook mine in the George Foreman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Kearns sausages. A million times Kearns sausages.
    It's Burns, damn you!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Cienciano wrote: »
    Superquin sausages are seriously over rated. Way too salty.

If you sold seasoned baby shit in Superquinn, there would be mongs on here saying it was delicious.

It's the South Dublin version of the anomalous culchie nostalgia for Calvita and Erin soup.

Anyone ever have hodgins sausages? Om nom nom - especially their flavoured sausages - herb or garlic

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Fuck sausages, where can I get this seasoned baby ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Crowe's Farm rashers and sausages. Mmmmm.

Their sausages are minimum 80% pork. Delicious!

Aagh can't choose, although their dry cured rashers are amazing so . . . rashers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

smash wrote: »
    I wish you could get sausages with bits of rasher rind in them.

Brady's butchers in Fairview. Smokey Bacon & Cheese Sausages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Mallon's sausages, nom! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Irish sausages are worse than twenty Hitlers.

And yet Irish producers and butchers keep on winning globally recognised awards.

You need to get yourself a new butcher.

Rashers, then real sausages, then a billion other foodstuffs, then Irish sausages.

Irish sausages are by far and away the best. Any non Irish sausages I ever had was crap.

I love rashers too especially the maple cured ones but given the choice between the two I'd pick sausages. A feed of sausages and rashers is a must every Saturday and Sunday.

Also Clonakilty sausages ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Also Clonakilty sausages ftw!!

Best things to ever come out of Cork, besides the road to Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Rashers/Bacon and it's not even close.

Sausages are what they make out of pork when all the good bits like rashers have been removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Tesco's finest sausages are really nice

Irish sausages are by far and away the best. Any non Irish sausages I ever had was crap.
    Your average Irish sausage is better than your average English sausage but your average gourmet English sausage is much better than your average gourmet Irish sausage which seems to just be a typical sausage in a fancy pack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Nonsense. Ever hear of Wild Boar?

Granted, there would be less of the factory farmed variety that spend their lives lying on their side in cages, but I reckon they'd be better off dead anyway.

Course, some would justify their lives by saying that when such animal's flesh is sliced, denatured by high temperature, slipped between two slices of bread and slathered with the bovine milk fat it tastes divine - good for them.

Eat Jamie Spencer and you'll quicken up a few of the slow ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sausages. Rashers look and taste like pig's ears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Quite honestly it depends. If I'm out, sausages all the way - proper thick sausages, deep fried, nice golden brown crinkly skin. Bitta ketchup, white bread, delicious.

If I'm at home I can never manage to get the saussies right so I go rashers all the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Quite simply, sausages. Clonakilty sausages at that.

Confab wrote: »

And funnily enough, it's more likely the saussies that contain pigs ears :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

leahyl wrote: »
    Anyone ever have hodgins sausages? Om nom nom - especially their flavoured sausages - herb or garlic
    I hate those weird sausages with herbs and stuff in them. Give me a normal sausage any day. Nothing worse than going to a "fancy" hotel and getting your breakfast and they try and make it look sosphiscated by giving you garlic and herb sausages

Confab wrote: »
    Having tried pigs ear in Latvia I can tell you that's blatantly untrue. Pigs ear is rank! I tried my best to eat it but I as going to spew if I tried eating any more of it. Everything about pigs ear is disgusting, from the look, to the texture, to the taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

stovelid wrote: »
    If you sold seasoned baby shit in Superquinn, there would be mongs on here saying it was delicious.

It's the South Dublin version of the anomalous culchie nostalgia for Calvita and Erin soup.

Hee hee, so true. :D

And yes, Superquinn sausages are nothing special at all.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    Having tried pigs ear in Latvia I can tell you that's blatantly untrue. Pigs ear is rank! I tried my best to eat it but I as going to spew if I tried eating any more of it. Everything about pigs ear is disgusting, from the look, to the texture, to the taste.

I hope you are not using rhyming slang :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Venison sausages!
    Nice, but I prefer Kanga Bangas!

Don't get the love people have for rashers and bacon in general. I'd happily go without another tasteless over-salted crappy greasy rasher for the rest of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I used to work in a factory that made sausages so I'm going to say rashers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

stovelid wrote: »
    Absolutely disagree, in fact that is little more than inverse snobbery.

There are two amazing sausage products on the Irish chain retail marketplace: Lidl's sausages and Superquinn's sausages. There's nothing food snobbish or repetitional about it: they both genuinely taste amazing compared to their mainstream competitors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

later12 wrote: »
    Absolutely disagree, in fact that is little more than inverse snobbery.

There are two amazing sausage products on the Irish chain retail marketplace: Lidl's sausages and Superquinn's sausages. There's nothing food snobbish or repetitional about it: they both genuinely taste amazing compared to their mainstream competitors.

Stovelid is correct.

The reason people think that Superquinn sausages are great is part 'group-think' and part E621.

• Advertisement
Advertisement