Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rashers or Sausages ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

A standard rasher beats a standard sausage any day of the week.

But a High end sausage is far better than any high-end rasher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ScumLord wrote: »
    Confab wrote: »
    Sausages. Rashers look and taste like pig's ears.
    Having tried pigs ear in Latvia I can tell you that's blatantly untrue. Pigs ear is rank! I tried my best to eat it but I as going to spew if I tried eating any more of it. Everything about pigs ear is disgusting, from the look, to the texture, to the taste.

I had pigs ear in Madrid. It was delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Neilos wrote: »
    A quality sausage wins hands down over a rasher. The next question is fried or grilled!

GRILLED!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

superquinn sausages are better than any rasher, anybody who says otherwise is just poor but could still afford the extremely similar Lidl sausages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I had pigs ear in Madrid. It was delicious

*sniggers*

http://www.slang.ie/index.php?county=Dublin&entry=pigs+ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I was in Spain in June and the sausages they had in the hotel i was in were disgusting, tasteless with big lumps of grissle and unidentifiable substances. They had many different types, i tried 2 or 3 and had to spit them out. On one morning the sausages were grey, horrible looking. The rashers were okay, very thin with lots of eat, and very salty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Irish sausages are by far and away the best. Any non Irish sausages I ever had was crap.

I love rashers too especially the maple cured ones but given the choice between the two I'd pick sausages. A feed of sausages and rashers is a must every Saturday and Sunday.

Also Clonakilty sausages ftw!!

Ireland does indeed do the best sausages, but the north west UK (Cumbria in particular) have some excellent ones too.

A really good sausage beats a rasher, but sausage quality can be all over the shop, you generally know what you are getting with a rasher.

Your average Irish sausage is better than your average English sausage but your average gourmet English sausage is much better than your average gourmet Irish sausage which seems to just be a typical sausage in a fancy pack.

I like a nice straight forward plain Irish sausage never mind them gourmet sausages. Also sausages are exclusively a breakfast food imo with the one exception of a bbq. Bangers and mash or something like that would be my idea of a way to enjoy a sausage.

I have never eaten a sausage in the UK even close to a nice Irish sausage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

In america the rashers are unreal, i eat them there. The sausages are absolutely disgusting. Even the bread is gross, its too sweet.

Whatever youre used to I suppose

Sausages. I would ho' for Superquinn sausages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cienciano wrote: »
    leahyl wrote: »
    Anyone ever have hodgins sausages? Om nom nom - especially their flavoured sausages - herb or garlic
    I hate those weird sausages with herbs and stuff in them. Give me a normal sausage any day. Nothing worse than going to a "fancy" hotel and getting your breakfast and they try and make it look sosphiscated by giving you garlic and herb sausages

Nothing weird about these my friend! Just deliciousness, 80% pork and made in Cork - sure what more could ya want :-D

Oh and for the record they also do "ordinary" sausages without the "herbs and stuff" ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Burnt Rashers that you have to snap rather than cut

THIS.
    Nom nom nom...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Sausages on toasted soda bread with brown sauce

gaelicred wrote: »
    Sausages on toasted soda bread with brown sauce

Toasted sausage and cheese 'rambo', lovely! Throw a couple of rashers in there too if you fancy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Im actually not a fan of either. Black pudding tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

cant believe anyone would choose sausages instead of rashers :eek:. At least you know what your eating with the rashers!

I could eat rashers every day for a year and still not get tired of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

syndeyfife wrote: »
    In america the rashers are unreal,

Maple bacon? You can buy it here. Not a big fan, but wouldn't turn my nose up at it. Bacon is bacon, afterall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think it's next to impossible to get good rashers or sausages in shops these days and it turns me off ever buying them. .

There's lots of good butchers around the country that make their own sausages with decent ingredients. And you can always tell a good butcher if he sells his own dry cured rashers.

If you can't find one locally, James Whelan deliver nationwide. Their meats are superb quality. http://www.jameswhelanbutchers.com/categories.php

Or try McCarthys of Kenturk - they do excellent free range pork products.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

kfallon wrote: »
    Toasted sausage and cheese 'rambo', lovely! Throw a couple of rashers in there too if you fancy :D
    I always do :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Dermighty wrote: »
    GRILLED!

Sorry but it's fried for me. So much tastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

It's like choosing your favourite child...rashers edge it but sausages are better in bread I think.

Toasted sausage and cheese 'rambo',

The only meats that go well well with cheese are ham and burgers. Anything else is a waste of a fine piece of animal.

We are becoming very Americanised by melting cheese onto every dish. Overpowers the other flavours, in my opinion.

IrishAm wrote: »
    The only meats that go well well with cheese are ham and burgers. Anything else is a waste of a fine piece of animal.

We are becoming very Americanised by melting cheese onto every dish. Overpowers the other flavours, in my opinion.

It's one of the best hangover cures ever.....and I'm not a big cheese eater at all

It's one of the best hangover cures ever.....and I'm not a big cheese eater at all

You don't know what you are missing, man. Some excellent cheeses to be got in Ireland these days. Only got into trying them out myself recently enough myself. Don't let the smell put you off!

We have got some excellent homegrown produce on this wee island. Excellent meats, fresh veg, diary products and now even micro brews.

One of the best things about the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lorrieq

You can't just take a big bite into a rasher. Sausages. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

JamieKCCO wrote: »
    I picked sausages...but have you ever had sausages wrapped in rashers? you'll never look back!

Pigs in blankets? Had some of them in London recently. Nothing to write home about to be honest. :cool:

I do love a big jumbo sausage me. :D

Also, sausage and cheese in a sambo are delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

rahers all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Voted for rashers but I meant sausages so now the poll results are invalid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I had two friends called rashers and sausages. (sausages was French) Rashers did well with chungwans so i'll go with rashers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Rashers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

MJ23 wrote: »
    I was in Spain in June and the sausages they had in the hotel i was in were disgusting, tasteless with big lumps of grissle and unidentifiable substances. They had many different types, i tried 2 or 3 and had to spit them out. On one morning the sausages were grey, horrible looking. The rashers were okay, very thin with lots of eat, and very salty.

This is like something from Tripadvisor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Definitely sausages over rashers. Lidl sausages are one of the nicest i ever had. Supervalue ones are very nice though a tad over rated.

Saying that id rather cheap bacon over cheap sausages.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Purchase neither. Do you chaps not have a local butchers at all at all? Why purchase mass produced garbage from chain supermarkets when for an extra euro or so you can buy quality produce from a butchers.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Or try McCarthys of Kenturk - they do excellent free range pork products.

Ehrmergerd Kenturk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Shit in a bag, tied around the hind legs of a kitten hanged by its neck with barbed wire from an overpass where feral children hurl lumps of reinforced concrete onto traffic below, killing and maiming children younger than themselves - broken orbital bones, permanent injuries - lives destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Shit in a bag, tied around the hind legs of a kitten hanged by its neck with barbed wire from an overpass where feral children hurl lumps of reinforced concrete onto traffic below, killing and maiming children younger than themselves - broken orbital bones, permanent injuries - lives destroyed.

Ehhh rashers or sausages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

by asking folks if they like sausages or rashers are you secretly asking if they like mickey's or fanny's?

Definitely sausages over rashers. Lidl sausages are one of the nicest i ever had. .

Eh, those weren't sausages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

sausages for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Sausages for definite although the SMELL of smoked bacon under the grill is haard to beat. Sausages win though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

leahyl wrote: »
    Anyone ever have hodgins sausages? Om nom nom - especially their flavoured sausages - herb or garlic

I've had non-Hodgins.
    Diapason wrote: »
    Fuck sausages, where can I get this seasoned baby ****?

In... your son's diapa?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Definitely sausages over rashers. Lidl sausages are one of the nicest i ever had. Supervalue ones are very nice though a tad over rated.

It's all about Superquinn Sausages :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Sausages!

Rashers are gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

This is like Sophie's Choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

RASHERS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ispithotfire

You can't beat a nice crispy rasher

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

flat sausages

• Subscribers Posts: 126 ✭✭Camo22

Sausages on there own, rashers on toast/bread..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I wud eet boat of dem wit bred or on dere owen beecaus i ilkes dem boat. I wud also eat bred on dere owen beecaus i like it two.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 126 ✭✭Camo22

Neilos wrote: »
    A quality sausage wins hands down over a rasher. The next question is fried or grilled!
    Fried Rasher..Grilled Sausage

Advertisement