Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking phone to use international sim

Options
  • 23-07-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,
    I know pretty much nothing about phones and thought someone here might be able to help.
    Im moving to Hungary and was wondering if getting my phone unlocked here in one of those phone repair places will allow me to use a Hungarian sim card in it over there when I move? How much would this cost?
    I was going to get a very basic phone as well to keep my irish number alive when I move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

It all depends on which phone you use. First off if you get it unlocked it should work with a Hungarian sim.

To get the phone unclocked you could ring up customer service and tell them you want the phone unlocked.

Getting it unlocked in one of those shops will only cost a few euro and it should be done in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mae71

Cool, thanks kenno, and by the way, there was no undercurrent to my use of the word 'those', promise!

Advertisement