Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smite: Third Person MOBA

• 23-07-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Have not seen any threads on this game yet, although it still is in closed beta

Smite Website, Interesting concept.

Obviously LoL, DOTA and HoN players will be more familiar with how it plays.

For how much I hate Total Biscuit, I think he gives it a fair first impression

It is quite fun, don't see it kicking off competitively, but is good to let off some steam after a feed in DoTA !

When I got a beta key I had 5 referral keys, I think I have two left so if you are interested in trying it send me a PM.

Anyways !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Id love a key if you have a spare!! Long time HoN player, looks fun at the very least!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Big Knox wrote: »
    Id love a key if you have a spare!! Long time HoN player, looks fun at the very least!

Sent, I have one left !

Oh and let me know if the keys I give come with extra keys as well ! If you log onto Hi-Rez website and under the games tab you can see if you have extra keys !

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Sent, I have one left !

Oh and let me know if the keys I give come with extra keys as well ! If you log onto Hi-Rez website and under the games tab you can see if you have extra keys !

Thanks mate, if they come with spare keys ill fire em back your way. Wont be home until this evening so will let you know!

Thanks mate, if they come with spare keys ill fire em back your way. Wont be home until this evening so will let you know!

no its grand, if they do you can do what you will with them ! I just want to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Would love a key mate. This seems like the first MOBA i would actually be interested in. HoN and LoL failed to grab me

• Advertisement

Ok my keys are gone, enjoy !

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Ok my keys are gone, enjoy !

Thanks man. Gonna get this downloading while i walk the dogs and get stuck in when i get back :D

Its not big, only like 1 gig,

You can also add me as "Knowns", I have not played that much of it, what with the steam summer sale and all !

Its f2p set up, you start with 5 heroes, and heroes are ludicrously expensive with ingame currency, but each time you level up you get a big boost, so by account level 6 you can buy one new hero to play, and think carefully about it !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Theres atleast one other thread about this already, im in the beta and really enjoyed what i played so far.

It seems once you are in the Beta you can send out invites to anyone.

If anyone would like an invite pm me your e-mail address and I will try it!

• Advertisement

And Sobek is Stronk, like bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

saw a vid of this and it looked very interesting :)

any keys going?

Cant get enough of this game, and i'm surprised with that lack of interest for it here on boards. Even though i can buy some new gods i have only been playing Kali the whole time. Great craic jungling with her.

Got 2 keys left if anyone wants to give it a look

Cant get enough of this game, and i'm surprised with that lack of interest for it here on boards. Even though i can buy some new gods i have only been playing Kali the whole time. Great craic jungling with her.

Got 2 keys left if anyone wants to give it a look

pm'd :P

Cant get enough of this game. Anyone else playing this regularly? Add me Quetzal84.

All those steam games have been put on hold for a FTP game :rolleyes: FML

I might play a game or two in the evening times, add "Knowns" the strange thing is you can only queue as a team of 2,3 or 5 not 4 which is strange !

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Dying to try this game still waiting for open beta or to get lucky and find a key

Dying to try this game still waiting for open beta or to get lucky and find a key

See below;
    It seems once you are in the Beta you can send out invites to anyone.

If anyone would like an invite pm me your e-mail address and I will try it!

It pays to read through the thread :pac:

PM me your e-mail address mate!

Ive some keys for this too if needed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I'd appreciate one if you have any left Wossack.

• Advertisement

mikeruurds wrote: »
    I'd appreciate one if you have any left Wossack.

pm'd!

Went you get an invite to beta you get some keys to share around. I kinda dont see the point in it being a closed Beta at all, they may as well just open it. If you do get a key share them around on boards, i wanna build a little community of Irish players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Went you get an invite to beta you get some keys to share around. I kinda dont see the point in it being a closed Beta at all, they may as well just open it. If you do get a key share them around on boards, i wanna build a little community of Irish players :D

For one thing it helps throttle the number of people joining the new untested servers. For another, less people see the really horrible bugs before they are fixed:P
    If anyone has a key I would love them forever.

Le Bump

http://www2.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/home/latest-news/view/smite-blog/2013/01/24/smite-open-beta-version-0.1.1316-patch-notes

Game is shaping up very nicely now with the 29th god being released sometime next week. Its alot more action packed than other MOBAS and removes alot of the "farming" mechanics of LoL and Dota. Also has a higher skill ceiling than other MOBAS with everything, even basic attacks being skillshots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I tried the beta. I thought it looked good on vids but in practise I found it a bit dull. I've never played this style of game before so perhaps it's just not for me. I did particularly dislike how matches can limp on in a stalemate for absolutely ages. Not sure if the dynamic would be different playing friends/guilds rather than pugging though.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Was going to post the video, but poster above beat me to it. I've played this game a little bit, and for some reason found I enjoyed it a lot more than LoL, something about the third person aspect really makes the game different.
    Looks like teams have been introduced in this update as well, I'd be up for joining/forming a boards team of some description to make it easier to find people to play with whose playstyles you know, I figure in a game like this team work is an absolute necessity. Edit: Looks like teams are limited to 9 members, so that idea won't really work.
    For anyone who wants to add me to their friends list (in all my level 2 glory) my in game name is cinverd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hey guys,

I've put in a request for a MOBA and Smite Forum so we can actually try and get some organisation within the community. A few words or a +1 HERE would be great.

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I've put in a request for a MOBA and Smite Forum so we can actually try and get some organisation within the community. A few words or a +1 HERE would be great.

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind something like that, because I've played Smite a few times, but it'd really work better arranging to play with people beforehand for better coordination. That said, do you think there's a call for it on boards? Not disagreeing with you, but in terms of MOBA here there seems to be a single active LoL thread, a DOTA thread, and this thread, which hasn't been all that active..or maybe I'm just missing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I don't know, hence the reason for the request. If there's not enough interest it will just lapse in 6 weeks =)

• Advertisement

I don't know, hence the reason for the request. If there's not enough interest it will just lapse in 6 weeks =)

That's a fair point. If it does fall through, maybe someone could just make a group on boards for it, just so there could be a bit of coordination.

Advertisement