Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TD's refusal to repay Pension error

• 23-07-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/healy-rae-cannot-repay-extra-15k-201687.html

Read this earlier and I could not believe my eyes. As a Kerry man Im ashamed to be associated with this eejit. "not in a position to repay" me arse! The power this family has within the local community is crazy: Ex mayor of Kerry now TD and 2 councillors claiming every expense in the book and been paid obscene money. They made a lot of noise when drink driving and rural isolation issues becomes a topic because you know.... they own a pub:rolleyes: Not to mention the years of vested interests by awarding family members county council contracts worth 6 figures.

Its these kind of things that sicken me about the corrupt 2 tier ireland we have today. If that was Mr. Joe Bloggs he would be up in court and probably thrown in prison for what basically amounts to stealing. "Sorry judge, I didnt receive a letter for months and i thought sur, I'll be grand" :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Just deduct from future pension payments. Simples
    If it was someone on welfare thats what they would do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Just deduct from future pension payments. Simples
    If it was someone on welfare thats what they would do!

I hope it'd be as simple as that, but wouldn't be at all surprised if that proves not to be the case.

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

your the same clowns that voted the **** in , you will tip your hat to him and his family/cronies,turn your stomach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Give it a week or so and it'll all be forgotten. He'll never pay back a cent and he knows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Timistry

pontia wrote: »
    your the same clowns that voted the **** in , you will tip your hat to him and his family/cronies,turn your stomach

True but none of my family did nor did I. I saw right through all the BS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

What kind of idiot is making all these payment mistakes ?

Healy - Rae is as shameless as they come

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

What kind of idiot is making all these payment mistakes ?

Healy - Rae is as shameless as they come

Thats the problem, whoever is making these mistakes should be sacked for incompetence, but as usual they wont.

No accountability !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im going to tralee in a few weeks on holiday, im going to drop out to his pub, get pissed then pay a euro at the end and say 'sorry, must be an accounting error'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who in their right mind would vote for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As soon as I saw Kerry mentioned in the OP I knew it was the Hely-Rae's. These people and their ilk are an embarrassment to the country. I agree with the poster who said they shouild simply cut future payments. Wont be done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Avatarr

A disgrace, who does he think is going to foot the bill, the tax payer of course. we shouldn't be too surprised, our political class, have a shocking lack of moral or ethical grounding.

Take this lot who are presently part of the furniture in leinster house:

James Reilly,
    on stubbs gazet, 1.9million in debt + in breach of a high court order.

Olivia Mitchell
    The Mahon tribunal criticised the receipt by Ms Mitchell of £500 from lobbyist Frank Dunlop as "inappriate.

Mick Wallace
    Wallace lied in issuing a false VAT declaration on behalf of a company he controlled. He says he did it because he couldn’t pay the full amount of VAT due at the time.

Phil hogan
    Loan personally approved by Michael fingleton Irish nationwide, 330,000 to buy family home in Kilkenny, 450,000 house in haddington square d4, 10 year interest only loan as was the Next 430,000 borrowed to buy an apartment in Portugal.

Michael Lowry - i dont really need to explain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

deduct from future pension payments

sack the civil servants who made the miscalculations

however, this is Ireland, nothing will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

A disgrace, who does he think is going to foot the bill, the tax payer of course. we shouldn't be too surprised, our political class, have a shocking lack of moral or ethical grounding.

Take this lot who are presently part of the furniture in leinster house:

James Reilly,
    on stubbs gazet, 1.9million in debt + in breach of a high court order.

Olivia Mitchell
    The Mahon tribunal criticised the receipt by Ms Mitchell of £500 from lobbyist Frank Dunlop as "inappriate.

Mick Wallace
    Wallace lied in issuing a false VAT declaration on behalf of a company he controlled. He says he did it because he couldn’t pay the full amount of VAT due at the time.

Phil hogan
    Loan personally approved by Michael fingleton Irish nationwide, 330,000 to buy family home in Kilkenny, 450,000 house in haddington square d4, 10 year interest only loan as was the Next 430,000 borrowed to buy an apartment in Portugal.

Michael Lowry - i dont really need to explain.

And I would wager that there are a hell of a lot more skeletons in various closets around the country waiting to come out. I think that the kind of people who want to become politicians and succeed in their ventures are just the type of people who have dark pasts and are excellent at speaking through both sides of their mouth. Its the nature of democratic politics. You cannot get to such a position in society without walking over or deceiving people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

What constituency are you in? so we can compare Tds elected in your area to that of south kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Given this is Ireland, if they did subtract it from future payments he would probably sue the state for failure to pay a contractual fee, win and get a ton more out of the country.

And he cant repay it, its all been blown on caps....heard he had a walk in closet built for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

This country would be a lot better off without his kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Most every part of Ireland has elected gangsters at some stage

I doubt all the reps in your area are saints either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We could lobby our local TD to raise the issue in the Dail, propose the idea of garnishing his future celery to make up for the oversight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Ridiculous of they can't take if off his future pension payments. e.g. over next 5 uears or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Hmmmm wonder will I get a miscalculation in my next pay check....

few grand would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Welcome to the banana republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jakie Healy Rae looks like a skit character out of Killanscully. His son is not much better either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Jakie Healy Rae looks like a skit character out of Killanscully. His son is not much better either.
    Greasy combovers and flat caps.

Couldnt get more stereotypical then that. I get irritated even thinking about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can't even click the link.

Even the mere sight of that mallet head is like a vandalistic two-finger salute to every reasonable, intelligent atom in my body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Take it out of the civil servants wages who made the mistake. they'll still have enough to live comfortably. They'll probably need a holiday, overworked creature

We are overpaying Bertie :eek: :eek: aswell, Close the country we are officially thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Boombastic wrote: »
    Take it out of the civil servants wages who made the mistake. they'll still have enough to live comfortably. They'll probably need a holiday, overworked creature

Do you know the employee personally?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

keano_afc wrote: »
    We could lobby our local TD to raise the issue in the Dail, propose the idea of garnishing his future celery to make up for the oversight.

mmmm garnished celery

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/Photosrule300/HomerMmmm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

stovelid wrote: »
    Do you know the employee personally?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

"He said he has consulted an accountant and will have further discussions before deciding his next move."

Next move: Send accountant's bill to Oireachtas-

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Basically the Healy-Raes have no shame whatsover.

NONE

The only reason they are in politics is to fleece the public purse for as much money as possible.

They are a vile collection of individuals and the world would be a better place if they were all dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Get of the fence Murph!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Thanks to the "people" of Kerry for lumping the rest of us with this clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I see Lenihans wife is paying it back but it doesn't say if the others are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

im going to tralee in a few weeks on holiday, im going to drop out to his pub, get pissed then pay a euro at the end and say 'sorry, must be an accounting error'

Should organise a flash mob and occupy the pub with a lock-in to drink through all his stock until he agrees to cough up.

Failing that a boycott and protest at the pub - drive away his trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Show Time wrote: »
    Thanks to the "people" of Kerry for lumping the rest of us with this clown.
    There are people elected to the Dail from all over the country that should not be so come off yer high horse please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Did you hear Pascal Mooney today with Mary Wilson after 4.30pm? He went on & on & on ad nauseum defending the merits of the senate. Mary was too soft with him she let him waffle.Other presenters would have cut him off at the pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Degag wrote: »
    There are people elected to the Dail from all over the country that should not be so come off yer high horse please.

Yes but we're relying on voters in that area to not vote for the family again, to either the dail or county council.

I'm not optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

M three wrote: »
    Yes but we're relying on voters in that area to not vote for the family again, to either the dail or county council.

I'm not optimistic.
    Same can be said for the constituencies for Lowry, Wallace et al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

M three wrote: »

I'm not optimistic.
    Do people who go on with this BS actually think that the voters from their own constituency are of a higher moral standing and only have the national interest at heart?
    If the healy raes had been based in any constituency in the country for the last 50years, just like south kerry the people there would vote them in.
    Why? Because everyone looks out for themselves and Healy Raes know how to buy votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Tabnabs wrote: »

"Jackie please, this is Ireland. We dont send our politicans to prison!"

Advertisement