Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anglo heads go free?

• 23-07-2012 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I just seen the news there and Willie McAteer/Paddy Whelan are arrested and charged relating to financial irregularities at the bank.

What about Seanie Fitz and David Drumm? Why haven't they been charged?

These were the bucko's at the top of the tree.

The same with Quinn, they jail his son and are looking for the other chap, yet Sean senior is allowed on his merry little way.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i read somewhere last week that the cops are within a couple of months of charging old Seanie. Drumm? he'll never come back here to be charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Only in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

they will arrest them, question them and then release them. then the DPP will decide it isnt going to charge anyone. they did this in the 80's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

all at the top off this mess will never do time or be punished for theses crimes they have committed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ah the old Anglo arrest decoy:rolleyes:

there must be something bigger happening today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

A crowd of **** boll0cks's they are along with all their mates in politicial and property fields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

kr7 wrote: »

The same with Quinn, they jail his son and are looking for the other chap, yet Sean senior is allowed on his merry little way.

Any thoughts on this?

when you are at the top...you try not to get your hands as dirty as the ones climbing the greasy pole below you

so you hint, infer etc and let them do the dirty more incriminating work all the while keeping your hands as clean as possible....ultimately the book/buck:D stops with those that can be proven to have done wrong ...thats usually the climber or patsy (sacrificial lamb) that was unfortunate enough not to have already dismounted when the merry go round stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

As said above, Drumm is beyone reach, America would never allow him to be extradited for what he did at Anglo, no matter how much it affected us. only huge charges like murder or rape could have someone kicked out.

As for Seanie F, I would love to see him in a cell for the sh**e he has dragged us into.....but I would prefer him to stay in there. So give me a years long investigation and good solid case rather than throw him in the 'Joy a month after the guarantee went sour, his legal team finding some tiny mistake in the rush to charge him and he not only gets off but probably a nice big payment from the state for the false imprisonment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    As said above, Drumm is beyone reach, America would never allow him to be extradited for what he did at Anglo, no matter how much it affected us. only huge charges like murder or rape could have someone kicked out.

As for Seanie F, I would love to see him in a cell for the sh**e he has dragged us into.....but I would prefer him to stay in there. So give me a years long investigation and good solid case rather than throw him in the 'Joy a month after the guarantee went sour, his legal team finding some tiny mistake in the rush to charge him and he not only gets off but probably a nice big payment from the state for the false imprisonment.

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

yet Sean senior is allowed on his merry little way.

Any thoughts on this?

according to this clip, its because of 2 things.. who was involved in the Anglo Irish 'grey market' for share options; and who owns the 4,000 confidential bank accounts in Austria. You'll have to click on the link, I cant seem to put the video up correctly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GaccFmflT0&list=UUHIuybC3RKNiwr39pJg2JRg&index=5&feature=plcp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

Gunmonkey wrote: »

I thought once there were charges brought against him he could be extradited?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

I just seen the news there and Willie McAteer/Paddy Whelan are arrested and charged relating to financial irregularities at the bank.

I domt think tehy have any chance of a conviction becuase

There was no crime

Incompetence is not a crime

Stupidity is not a crime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They ruined the country blah blah burn them all rable rable etc. I'm so sick of these threads in AH now. I honestly don't give a fcuk about any of this sh!te anymore. Are you all not bored of it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Any thoughts on this?

they must have sucked c*ck of someone important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Ok, and i suppose you think the man at the top of the tree has intimate knowledge about every little going on in his company?

They are mostly a figurehead, wining and dining, and greasing up the big-fish customers.

Go free? sure why not, odds are they were completely ignorant of what was going on. Its the lower-downs who knew what was happening, and quite right its them who pay for it.

MadYaker wrote: »
    They ruined the country blah blah burn them all rable rable etc. I'm so sick of these threads in AH now. I honestly don't give a fcuk about any of this sh!te anymore. Are you all not bored of it yet?

If your not interested you could just not comment.

Some of us would like to see people held to account for the part they played in screwing the country.

We've had enough of the 'sure brush it under the carpet and it'll go away' ****e.

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Ok, and i suppose you think the man at the top of the tree has intimate knowledge about every little going on in his company?

They are mostly a figurehead, wining and dining, and greasing up the big-fish customers.

Go free? sure why not, odds are they were completely ignorant of what was going on. Its the lower-downs who knew what was happening, and quite right its them who pay for it.

Are you serious there.
    Fitzpatrick and Drumm were hands on bankers. They knew exactly what was going on, a long time before they went running to govt buildings in Sept 2008.

That's a proper Irish attitude, the man at the top is never accountable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

MadYaker wrote: »

Get bored of it then forget about it, this is what these cnuts want us to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I domt think tehy have any chance of a conviction becuase

There was no crime

Incompetence is not a crime

Stupidity is not a crime

...but inflating your own share price is, which is what tweedledum and tweedledee are charged with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Some of us would like to see people held to account for the part they played in screwing the country.

Hiya,

Did ya see the six o clock news. Might just be the start of some of them being held to account. If the right questions are asked, and they start singing, ya might see it all come down like a house of cards. Be an interesting court case.:):)

• Advertisement

Rumour has it there's more charges to be brought tomorrow......
    Here's hoping it's drumm & fitz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

If there's rumors circulating turn out to be true, I hope they're watching the borders tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

One out of two aint bad.:):)

The other fcuker was the boss at the time though.
    I really hope they do him.

Advertisement