Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next stop New Zealand

• 23-07-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey guys ive just applied for my visa to New Zealand to work and travel for the year. Id like some advice dudes please. Like are the the Kiwis friendlier than the Aussies and where is the best place to look for general work?
    Is it possible to book a return flight for a year back to Oz I seem to be having trouble with that part the most at the moment if anyone out there has been through this and could give me a little help id really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where are you from initially?

Would you have the right to go back into Australia?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Barrythe chopper

well im form Ireland Laois i don't see why i would have the right to get back to oz for a holiday at any point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Hey guys ive just applied for my visa to New Zealand to work and travel for the year. Id like some advice dudes please. Like are the the Kiwis friendlier than the Aussies and where is the best place to look for general work?
    Is it possible to book a return flight for a year back to Oz I seem to be having trouble with that part the most at the moment if anyone out there has been through this and could give me a little help id really appreciate it.

Not sure what you're actually asking here. What do you mean by get back to Oz? Are you coming from Laois or OZ?
    If you have done a year in Oz and your visa is expired, you cant return there to work unless you get a new visa (sponsorship?)
    You can get a holiday visa though and have your holiday but it limits the time you have there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You can get a holiday visa though and have your holiday but it limits the time you have there!

And the aussie immigration folks will check that you have an on-ward ticket out of the country again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭bull_ring

kiwis are more polite than aussies but less gregarious and friendly , they have a bit of a stiff upper lip , thier more british , whatever you do , dont complain about anything while there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Barrythe chopper

thanks guys for the help i arrived safely no probs now for the hard work lol

Advertisement