Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual router set-up

• 23-07-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys.

I have a perlico adsl wireless router which is quite weedy, I have a nice lynksis wireless router I wish to install in order to get the two to work together.

Im aware that i can link the two via ethernet cable and which would result in two wireless networks, and that is fine, since I am living in a fairly old stone house in which the signal dies off quite easily in the next room from the adsl router. I could place the lynksys router near where I need it and get a long ethernet cable, but I would like to link the two wirelessly and have one network instead of two. does anyone know how i would go about doing that??

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Zombine wrote: »
    Hey guys.

I have a perlico adsl wireless router which is quite weedy, I have a nice lynksis wireless router I wish to install in order to get the two to work together.

Im aware that i can link the two via ethernet cable and which would result in two wireless networks, and that is fine, since I am living in a fairly old stone house in which the signal dies off quite easily in the next room from the adsl router. I could place the lynksys router near where I need it and get a long ethernet cable, but I would like to link the two wirelessly and have one network instead of two. does anyone know how i would go about doing that??

Thanks guys.

2 ways you could do this.

Disable Wireless on your existing router and just use wireless on the linksys.

Have wireless working on both routers and give them the same SSID , put them on different channels , that way you will have working wireless in all parts of the house.
    Either way just join them with an Ethernet cable and disable DHCP on the linksys , it will work as an access point then and you can use the remaining Etherner ports to plug in extra wired devices.

Advertisement