Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original Electronic Music

• 23-07-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys, I've been playing around for a long time with electronic music in my room and now I'm looking to take it a step further and put some money into it.

At the moment, I have a dodgy version of Ableton 8, a comp that's ancient and prone to crashing, Line 6 Tuoneport, AKAI LPK25 and years of guitar/bass/piano playing and playing in bands to put towards my cause.

I've found the music I've made so far to be reminiscent of rock music with a very upbeat and dancy feel to it, with a big focus on unusual rhythms.

Thing is, I've very little knowledge of the Ableton software when it comes to things like sequencers, VSTI's (haven't a clue what they are) etc.

I'm looking at getting a DELL XPS (I can get one for cheap enough and will need a laptop anyway for college) with Ableton full version.

I was also looking at a Launchpad, Behringer BCR2000 and some sort of full sized synth, but can't quite decide.

Have you guys any advice on what are the best DAW controllers, synths, laptops etc for the right price and also any good ways of developing my skills with these things.

I have the talent and drive to create great music and I've written some great ideas on paper, the problem is translating them onto the computer!

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement