Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - Carlow - Palatine

Options
  • 23-07-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi, anyone living in palatine? In particular lime grove ? What are my options for broadband? Eircom have a good line in this area? Who else provides broadband here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

sadly Eircom will offer you 3 meg no matter what phone company you use but you will only get 1 your best bet would be digiweb or imagine hope this helps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    sadly Eircom will offer you 3 meg no matter what phone company you use but you will only get 1 your best bet would be digiweb or imagine hope this helps ;)

Thanks, I wonder can digiweb or imagine get a signal into lime grove, it is sourrounded by trees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi, you could also use a local supplier http://aptus.ie/ if you have a search on the forum here you will get some reviews of their service

* Note I am not affiliated with them just a very happy customer

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi, you could also use a local supplier http://aptus.ie/ if you have a search on the forum here you will get some reviews of their service

* Note I am not affiliated with them just a very happy customer

Thanks tommy, aptus good for Skype etc? With the 3mb package what could I expect? And also with the 5 mb what could I expect. Mainly need broadband to work from home

Thanks tommy, aptus good for Skype etc? With the 3mb package what could I expect? And also with the 5 mb what could I expect. Mainly need broadband to work from home

I am currently using their Aptus Tres package frokm their Rural Broadband to work from home and use my own VOIP set-up over blueface and it is working without any issues. I previously had the their Aptus Duo package and that worked without any issues aswell.

A tip for anybody using SKYPE or VOIP phones is if you have the phone always connected to a specific port on your router to enable QOS and to set the port used for VOIP as high priority.

Below is an example of the speed that I am getting at the moment
    -1.png
    I only used skype for the 1st time last weekend and there was no issues at all for the 20 minutes or so that I was video chatting to some Family in the UK.

• Advertisement

I am currently using their Aptus Tres package frokm their Rural Broadband to work from home and use my own VOIP set-up over blueface and it is working without any issues. I previously had the their Aptus Duo package and that worked without any issues aswell.

A tip for anybody using SKYPE or VOIP phones is if you have the phone always connected to a specific port on your router to enable QOS and to set the port used for VOIP as high priority.

Below is an example of the speed that I am getting at the moment
    -1.png
    I only used skype for the 1st time last weekend and there was no issues at all for the 20 minutes or so that I was video chatting to some Family in the UK.

Hi tommy,
    I couldnt open the link to your speed test, what did it show?

Can you remember what speeds you got on the aptus duo package?

Aptus works with iPhones, iPad ect on wifi?

Thanks

Hi

below is another speedtest from 2 minutes ago
    2108139052.png

Aptus works perfectly with iphone and ipad you just need to have a wireless router installed (they can supply if needed)

Hi

below is another speedtest from 2 minutes ago
    2108139052.png

Aptus works perfectly with iphone and ipad you just need to have a wireless router installed (they can supply if needed)

Thanks very much for your reply.

And what average speed where u getting on the 3 meg package? (2 meg)?

I was usually getting in the region of 2.5 on the 3mb package.

I was usually getting in the region of 2.5 on the 3mb package.

The 3 meg package doesn't exist anymore, it's now the same price for 5 meg? 34.99 from aptus, on aptus duo? Used to be 34.99 for 3 meg?

• Advertisement

The 3 meg package doesn't exist anymore, it's now the same price for 5 meg? 34.99 from aptus, on aptus duo? Used to be 34.99 for 3 meg?

Yeah had forgot that they had recently upgraded every bodies packages..

Advertisement