Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack in Celbridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 piccasso

vince mc wrote: »
    why bring stuff in that does not belong in this debate unless you are trying to provoke a particular response or bring the thread to a point where it is discussing your agenda and not the OP.

Hold on Vince my Boy....that's great advise for a guy who already threw in the holocaust and the famine... and THIS IS JUST LIKE WHAT THE ENGLISH DID TO US IN 47, IT PROBABLY HAPPENED AT THE FAMINE GRAVEYARD AS A SIGN....sic .

You Lemon

My point al along is why hasn't the media latched on to this Racist attack and labelled it a racist attack. Because the guy is white and his attackers are black that's why. If it was the other way aorund we'd still have it as front page news. Wasn't there a march on Leinster House by resident's against racism when the black guy in Blanch was stabbed in a "racist" attack some years ago. When is the march on Leinster House in relation to this attack.......oh! that's right there isn't one......white folk don't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

piccasso wrote: »
    Wasn't there a march on Leinster House by resident's against racism when the black guy in Blanch was stabbed in a "racist" attack some years ago.

You are probably referring to the murder of Toyosi Shyttabey in April 2010. Murder being the Operative word.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 vince mc

piccasso wrote: »
    Hold on Vince my Boy....that's great advise for a guy who already threw in the holocaust and the famine... and THIS IS JUST LIKE WHAT THE ENGLISH DID TO US IN 47, IT PROBABLY HAPPENED AT THE FAMINE GRAVEYARD AS A SIGN....sic .

You Lemon

My point al along is why hasn't the media latched on to this Racist attack and labelled it a racist attack. Because the guy is white and his attackers are black that's why. If it was the other way aorund we'd still have it as front page news. Wasn't there a march on Leinster House by resident's against racism when the black guy in Blanch was stabbed in a "racist" attack some years ago. When is the march on Leinster House in relation to this attack.......oh! that's right there isn't one......white folk don't matter.

that was my attempt at sarcasm to highlight the ridiculous overhyping of your race argument. did you not get it?? I didnt actually intend to make a real famine comparison, I thought that would be clear. If your not sure what sarcasm is, you can ask your mammy or daddy.

Maybe the media is doing its job and being responsible. maybe they see there is no race issue(other than in your head). maybe they see that the guy who was mugged is not making it a race issue, the attack was not race motivated, there is no ongoing race issue in celbridge. maybe its all in your angry little head.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed - now lets keep this thread on point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wpearsons23

brian_t wrote: »
    You are probably referring to the murder of Toyosi Shyttabey in April 2010. Murder being the Operative word.

It is my understand that the trial regarding this matter has not happened yet and as such no one has been convicted of murder. Perhaps you could retract your comment as it may prejudice a trial whenever happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

It is my understand that the trial regarding this matter has not happened yet and as such no one has been convicted of murder. Perhaps you could retract your comment as it may prejudice a trial whenever happens.
    I didn't make any allegations of who did it.

The fact that no one has been convicted doesn't un-murder him.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-charged-with-murder-of-toyosi-****tabey-474454.html
    Two charged with murder of Toyosi Shyttabey

http://www.humanrights.ie/index.php/2010/04/19/the-murder-of-toyosi-****tabey-and-racial-tension-in-dublin/
    The murder of Toyosi Shyttabey and racial tension in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wpearsons23

I didn't make any allegations of who did it.

The fact that no one has been convicted doesn't un-murder him.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-charged-with-murder-of-toyosi-****tabey-474454.html
    Two charged with murder of Toyosi Shyttabey

http://www.humanrights.ie/index.php/2010/04/19/the-murder-of-toyosi-****tabey-and-racial-tension-in-dublin/
    The murder of Toyosi Shyttabey and racial tension in Dublin

Strictly speaking the boy was killed. He wasn't murdered. He only becomes murdered if the people accused of killing him are convicted of murder.

Once again, perhaps you can alter your post to avoid any possibility of prejudicing a trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

It is generally accepted (in the vast majority of Western civilisation) that the elements of common law murder are: The unlawful killing of a human by another human with premeditation. You can substitute premeditation with the word "intent".
    It is also common practice in Western society that unlawful killings are commonly referred to as murder (It is obviously not referring to something like a car crash where someone dies).

In Ireland, under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1964, murder means killing with the intention to kill or to cause serious harm. In order to clarify what is meant by 'intention', section 4(2) says that 'the accused person shall be presumed to have intended the natural and probable consequences of his conduct; but this presumption may be rebutted.'

At present (IMHO) 3 elements of the definition of murder are present - the boy was killed, the killing was unlawful, it was done by another human. All that remains to be proven is 'mens rea' - the blameworthy state of mind (section 4(2) of the Criminal Justice Act).

As far as I can see, there is no problem stating that the boy was murdered. Nowhere is the previous poster saying that the 2 accused are / have been found guilty of murder. It's a simple opinion. Unless he is the presiding Judge or part of the jury, where is the prejudice?

What is the difference if a newspaper says the boy was murdered? Does that also prejudice the trial?
    This is a public forum, not a court of law. Everyone has an opinion (right or wrong that it might be)

Leave the judging and (eventual) convicting to the real experts.
      Strictly speaking the boy was killed. He wasn't murdered. He only becomes murdered if the people accused of killing him are convicted of murder.

Once again, perhaps you can alter your post to avoid any possibility of prejudicing a trial.

1. Registered Users Posts: 18 vince mc

wassomeone murdered in an attack in celbridge?:confused:

2. Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

was someone murdered in an attack in celbridge?:confused:

No. Read the first post.

In post #32 piccasso suggested that a march to the Dail took place because a "black guy" was stabbed but that nobody would bother marching in this case of because a "white guy" was attacked.

I simply pointed out that the march took place because the "black guy" was murdered.

For the record Toyosi Shyttabey is actually spelt with an "i" after the Sh not a "y". But on boards.ie that would appear as Toyosi ****tabey. (not my asterisks)

3. Advertisement
    4. Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

wassomeone murdered in an attack in celbridge?:confused:

If he died as a result of the attack it would be murder but luckily he's ok.

5. Registered Users Posts: 18 vince mc

No. Read the first post.

In post #32 piccasso suggested that a march to the Dail took place because a "black guy" was stabbed but that nobody would bother marching in this case of because a "white guy" was attacked.

I simply pointed out that the march took place because the "black guy" was murdered.

For the record Toyosi Shyttabey is actually spelt with an "i" after the Sh not a "y". But on boards.ie that would appear as Toyosi ****tabey. (not my asterisks)

duh:rolleyes:
      Ill read ALL theposts if you read them first.

6. Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

duh:rolleyes:
      Ill read ALL theposts if you read them first.

I've followed the thread from the start.

If you re-read my post I only suggested you read the first one.

Advertisement