Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Documentaries on Youtube

Options
  • 23-07-2012 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭

With the London Games fast approaching, I thought it might be good to list some of the excellent Olympic related documentaries that are on Youtube. Feel free to add any of your own (Youtube videos only allowed due to copyright issues)

The BBC had a recent excellent series 'Faster, Higher, Stronger' on the history and progression of some of the most popular events in the Games. The 100 metres, Swimming and Gymnastics each had their own episode (all are on Youtube) but my favourite was the 1500 metres. Some excellent archive features and interviews with the likes of Paavo Nurmi, Peter Snell, Seb Coe and Hicham El Guerrouj. It's a shame Ronnie Delany did not feature, but still a very interesting show.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

'One Day in September', the Oscar winning Documentary about the massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Games. Narrated by Michael Douglas. (Sound level is low but it works for me using headphones)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Seoul 1988, that 100m final and the aftermath. Johnson still remains the most tarnished today even do 5 other finalists have been linked to drugs since. Canadian sprinting never really recovered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Can anybody beat Usain Bolt? - profiles Bolt and his main rivals for the 100 metres Crown Yohan Blake, Asafa Powell, Tyson Gay, Justin Gatlin and Christophe LeMaitre in the year leading up to London.

Advertisement