Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inset stove. To put flue liner in or not?

• 23-07-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have been researching lots on this one and I am confused as I was before I began!

I am looking at replacing open fire with inset stove at some point. However, I cannot determine whether I should line the chimney or not. The house is 10 years old and is a dormer semi-D. The fire has been in use since day one with coal etc, chimney cleaned annually.

I appreciate that if it was an old house there would be no question as to lining the chimney but I have got mixed answers when I ask around. Some say do, some say no need.
    My own thinking is that, considering the stove will be in place for many years, I would be better off just getting a flexi flue liner fitted to save on hassle down the road.

Any opinions are much appreciated.

Advertisement