Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city centre barber recommendation

Options
  • 23-07-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me a barber or unisex hairdresser in town, as near to Upper Baggot Street as possible, who is not too dear and knows what they're doing?

Not the Grafton Barber though...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

Ali, turkish dude on Aungier Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Moved from TGC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Thanks but not sure I can be bothered walking that far!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

Leeson Barbers on Upper Leeson street, across from the church, get mine done there regularly enough and its good, fairly cheap and they definitely know what they're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Manuva wrote: »
    Leeson Barbers on Upper Leeson street, across from the church, get mine done there regularly enough and its good, fairly cheap and they definitely know what they're doing

I go to Leesons too. They are good, cheap and most importantly - they are quick!

• Advertisement

mrgardener wrote: »
    I go to Leesons too. They are good, cheap and most importantly - they are quick!

that sounds good - alot closer to my office too!

thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Gekko wrote: »
    Thanks but not sure I can be bothered walking that far!

I regularly come all the way from Drimnagh to go to Ali's. Himself and his staff are some of the best barbers I've come across in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

If you're a student the Grafton Barber @ €9 Mon-Fri before 12 cannot be beaten imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I used Ali's when I was closer to town, not expensive for dry cuts. Bonus is the shaving gear in the window, if you have nothing much to talk about. He sells Derby blades and Arko products, along with a few other, mainly Turkish associated brands. Styptic 'matches' too, if you need them.

His father was a barber in Germany, the straights in the window were\are his, as far as I can remember, from casual conversation.

Went to Leeson Barbers in the end, € 14, attention to detail and pleasant enough chat.

Highly recommend them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement