If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46" or bigger LED tv

Options
  • 23-07-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am on the look out for a new tv. I want something fairly big, at least 46"
    think I want LED
    I hope to build a HTPC at some stage with NAS etc, so would like ethernet port etc, DLNA, digital tuners would be useful for the time being

Have a budget of max €800 squid

What would be best bang for buck?

Thanks for your help in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Thanks for the post.

The big issue here is trying to get something in LED that fits the budget and the spec.

There is a very nice LG that fits the bill which is called the LG 47LM620T which is currently £769.95 although when converted into Euro, this would be over budget.

The other option that you have is the LG 50PZ550 - The price tag of this screens puts some people off as they think that this is just a cheap 50" screen, but when you look at the finer detail, you realise that it's just seriously good value for money.

It's a 600Hz 3D plasma that has DLNA certification, is 1080p, has a contrast of 3,000,000 : 1 and is the best deal we have had on a good 50" TV in quite some time.

I know you were thinking LED, but if the budget can't stretch to the LM620, then don't rule this one out.

Let me know what you think.

ATVB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Hi there.

Thanks for the post.

The big issue here is trying to get something in LED that fits the budget and the spec.

There is a very nice LG that fits the bill which is called the LG 47LM620T which is currently £769.95 although when converted into Euro, this would be over budget.

The other option that you have is the LG 50PZ550 - The price tag of this screens puts some people off as they think that this is just a cheap 50" screen, but when you look at the finer detail, you realise that it's just seriously good value for money.

It's a 600Hz 3D plasma that has DLNA certification, is 1080p, has a contrast of 3,000,000 : 1 and is the best deal we have had on a good 50" TV in quite some time.

I know you were thinking LED, but if the budget can't stretch to the LM620, then don't rule this one out.

Let me know what you think.

ATVB

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back with the information.

What is the price of the 50 inch?

Not great exchange rate these days so that might make the first one too expensive.

what would delivery time be on these?

Thanks again for your help

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cuculainn wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back with the information.

What is the price of the 50 inch?

Not great exchange rate these days so that might make the first one too expensive.

what would delivery time be on these?

Thanks again for your help

Apologies we should have given you the price of the 50PZ550 - it's really a cracking buy and we only have a couple left - £499.95 / €669.99

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Apologies we should have given you the price of the 50PZ550 - it's really a cracking buy and we only have a couple left - £499.95 / €669.99

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Is the screen on the PZ550 very reflective or does it have a filter ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

All the latest plasma screens use clever methods of reducing the reflections although they are more reflective than an LED as they do have a protective cover to help deflect wii remotes.

The reflection thing isn't really an issue unless you have huge windows on the opposite side of the screen and you have loads of light coming in.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.