Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOVIE REMAKES

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

* scans list *

No good

No good

No good

* spots Commando *

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Bunch of Asshats, that's a horrible selection of films to remake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Not that we needed confirmation that there is barely an original idea left in Hollywood.

But that's pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

I have heard that they are thinking of remaking jaws:(

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Most of these will never come to fruition

• Advertisement

Lets hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭senor incognito

'Dredd' may surprise a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

An American Werewolf in London? Pah. Rick Baker's 30 year old prosthetics will still look better than any CGI :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Doc Jameson

Oh great, an English language remake of The Orphanage, that's what we need. Also why would anybody want to make a modern take on scarface, the 80s vibe is as a much a character as Tony et al. That will suck balls for sure. Some interesting names though, The Birds could be improved with better cgi and the original Carrie film never grabbed me despite liking the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

only saw The Raid: Redemption a few months ago, the story looks extremely similar, but i know ill probably see it anyway:D

ok the films a have a big big problem with are Short Circuit, commando, Lethal Weapon, Scarface,

none of these films are outdated enough to justify a remake, what can they possibly add to them,

i can never understand why they're so insistent on ruining good films, could they at least change the name of the film and when it comes out we could say christ thats very like that film from the 80s,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Judging by the massive standing poster / board for it in my local cinema, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I wonder will they ever remake The Field, with Don Draper as the yank, Robert from Fair City or Roy Cropper as Tadgh, Billy Mitchell as Bird, and Robert DeNiro as the Bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Once again I find myself becoming more disillusioned with the film industry after seeing that list. I mean half those movies are only 20 years old, certainly no need for a remake, and wasn't Carrie already remade?

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Once again I find myself becoming more disillusioned with the film industry after seeing that list. I mean half those movies are only 20 years old, certainly no need for a remake, and wasn't Carrie already remade?

They remade carrie a few years back and it was awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Remakes will fade away.

While there is always room for something that already has a fan base, such as comic book films,
    the majority aren't that interested in seeing a remake of a film when the original is better.

The Americans could ruin this completely though, with their dislike, or should I say, complete disdain for subtitles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Bunch of Asshats, that's a horrible selection of films to remake.

They're gonna re-make Bunch of Asshats?? Say it aint so ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Didn't they already remake Death Wish? It starred Kevin Bacon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Didn't they already remake Death Wish? It starred Kevin Bacon?

Stallone wanted to remake it a few years ago.

Isn't there tonnes of sequels anyways for Death Wish or am I just thinking of The Simpsons reference.

DeathWish.jpg

Rumours going around that they are going to remake the magnificent 7 with tom cruise playing the yul brenner role:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Only one big surprise there for me: a remake of My Fair Lady? Carey Mulligan is good, but she's no Audrey Hepburn.

re The Phantom Tollbooth, I only know of it via an interview I heard with author Norton Juster, in which he said he hated the 1970 animated film. So that could be one remake with some justification behind it.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

From a money-making pov understand why they might remake some of those titles due to them probably looking dated and unappealing to modern day audiences.

That said tho, why does American Psycho need a remake? :confused: It stars *Batman* and due to it being a period piece it hasn't aged badly either. I would have thought these would be factors that would mean even modern fans would still get turned on by it.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter as I have to go return some videotapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

Why would anybody remake THE HITCHER?

The original was bad enough but with a clown
    like Sean Bean involved?!?!

:eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Why would anybody remake THE HITCHER?

The original was bad enough but with a clown
    like Sean Bean involved?!?!

:eek:

You do know that was made years ago, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

LETHAL WEAPON ??? :eek:

Yeah I'd like to see them give that a shot. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What a horrible list of movies, most of them films worked because of the time they were set in it just worked. Trying to re make Commando is a horrible idea or even Drity Dancing I can just picture it being some horrible MTV production set in the ghetto.

Actually reading throught that list is just horrifying leave nearly every one of them alone, the only one Iwouldnt mind seeing a modern reamke of is The Never Ending Story and thats just because of technoloigcal andvances be interesting to see what they could do with it.

Jesus Overboard was one them films I loved growing up, set to be remade with Will smith producing and starring Jennifer Lopez:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Agreed.
    Apart from Dredd, I can't see any reason why the rest should be made; a combination of originals already too good to be made again or poor films that should be forgotten.

Advertisement