Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Weeks in Waterford... What to do?

Options
  • 23-07-2012 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

So, I have two weeks off work, I don't have a lot of money but what I have I'm trying to keeping local. I try to plan something every year but it always falls apart, but this year will be different! I'm doing an itinerary! I'm planning on doing stuff I never normally do but that's right on my doorstep, basically I'm going to look at Waterford like a tourist would look at it.

So far I've got:
    Take a look in House of Waterford Crystal
    Surfing in Tramore
    Kayaking in Dunmore East
    Catch a play in Theatre Royal
    Eat in a restaurant or two that I haven't been to before.

Any other suggestions? :)
    (Save me money where possible :P)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

eat a blaa

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Head up the Comeragh Mountains - Coumshingaun lake

86348.jpg

If you get the weather of course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

fishing (rent a rod from someone)
    Mountain walk
    Reginalds Tower
    Early bird in L'atmosphere

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Drive out to Mahons falls, do the "Magic Road"
    Go to the Amish bakery/shop on the way to Dunmore East and pick up some lovely nosh for a picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

How the city archives on High St.? I think you need to book in advance though. Something I really would love to do, pull out all the old photos of the city from the 70s & 80s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Drive out to Mahons falls, do the "Magic Road"

Would it work with a motorbike ???? Has been bugging me for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Actually did the Magic Road not so long ago, went to Mahon Falls. Will go to the lake this time around though, thanks! :)

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Copper Coast drive
    Dromana Drive by cappoquin (its only a tiny thing by the gate is the only one in ireland
    Curraghmore House & Mount Congrve maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GiveEmHellKid

Go for a stroll around Dunmore (if the sun comes out) It's one of my fav things to do here, especially on a sunny day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Copper Coast drive
    Dromana Drive by cappoquin (its only a tiny thing by the gate is the only one in ireland
    Curraghmore House & Mount Congrve maybe?

Mount Congreve... is that open to the public now? The gardens I mean, i doubt the house is open so soon after selling everything off!

• Advertisement

Yep but its really specific.
    Their website says
    The gardens are open to the public on Thursdays only, between the hours of 9.00am to 4.00pm, April 5th to September 27th inclusive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

If you are into the soccer, check out the Blues playing in the RSC this Friday night at 7.45pm. Admission is only a tenner.

http://www.waterford-united.ie/fixtures/

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Doylers wrote: »
    Would it work with a motorbike ???? Has been bugging me for ages

Was wondering that meself. :s
    I wont try it until I know someone else tries it on a bike, If it doesnt work and they look stupid then Ill know not to try it.

What bike ya on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Was wondering that meself. :s
    I wont try it until I know someone else tries it on a bike, If it doesnt work and they look stupid then Ill know not to try it.

What bike ya on?

A raleigh activator :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Lismore Castle - and Lismore village - very nice
    Ardmore - Round Tower and walk around the village
    Tannery Cookery School - Paul Flynns, won Cookery School of the Year
    Suir Valley Railway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Get your gay on and get spend an evening in the local Gay bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Go out the backstrands and pick a bag of cockles. Boil em up in milk and onions and cornflower. Couple of blaas and few cans of Guinness and yer away with it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Dromana house up by Cappoquin!

They some gorgeous photos from all around the county on thier facebook page|!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dromana-House/146262402141121

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

While you are around Lismore go up to the Towers http://www.heritagetowns.com/lismorelarge3.shtml one of my favourite places.

Go and find the cute little lake and waterfall beside Mullinavat - its a left turn going from Waterford, in the town, there is a sign but I can't remember what it is called.

The famine ship in New Ross is interesting.

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    While you are around Lismore go up to the Towers http://www.heritagetowns.com/lismorelarge3.shtml one of my favourite places.
    I never knew about this place :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

looksee wrote: »

Go and find the cute little lake and waterfall beside Mullinavat - its a left turn going from Waterford, in the town, there is a sign but I can't remember what it is called.

The famine ship in New Ross is interesting.
    Clonassy Waterfall?
    YEah, turn left as you go into the village, and then take another left down by the GAA field. Just out the road on the right hand side.

Advertisement