Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost Plus Sofa's Warranty and fake leather

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Thanks will tell him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

Right, so its been a while... We finally got though to someone with a bit of sense, and they sent an engineer out to look at the sofa. The took photos and sent off for parts... They charged us EUR40 quid for this... the parts took about 4 weeks to arrive, and when they did, the engineer came out, repaired the damage and took more photos. We then received a call telling us we could pick the EUR40 back up from Cost Plus Sofas whenever we where around...

We have been told that if the problem comes back, we can then request a replacement, since the fix has not fixed the problem fully... but so far so good...

Thanks again for all the tips and advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 johnroake

I've had my faux leather sofas from cost plus for three years. I have 3 kids under 7. And it is only now starting to tear. But at time of purchase the seller offered me the insurance. It was a 250 lump sum at time of purchase. I didn't want to but the wife got her way. Happy now though. It covers u for 5 years against anything. Pets, kids, spills, everything. I contacted them they sent out a guy to look to see if it could be repaired. They got back to me yesterday. It can't be repaired so they gave a a credit note for cost plus for the price I paid to go in and pick a new couch. Sorted for Xmas lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

johnroake wrote: »
    I've had my faux leather sofas from cost plus for three years. I have 3 kids under 7. And it is only now starting to tear. But at time of purchase the seller offered me the insurance. It was a 250 lump sum at time of purchase. I didn't want to but the wife got her way. Happy now though. It covers u for 5 years against anything. Pets, kids, spills, everything. I contacted them they sent out a guy to look to see if it could be repaired. They got back to me yesterday. It can't be repaired so they gave a a credit note for cost plus for the price I paid to go in and pick a new couch. Sorted for Xmas lovely.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Advertisement