Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkee Sunset - C&C Please

• 23-07-2012 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So this is my first attempt at a Sunset pic, absolutely love some of the sunset pics tipping around so hopefully ye can give me some good tips on how to improve.

Would ye consider this under-exposed or does the level darkness suit it? Personally I think it suits it. Edit: After uploading to Flickr I noticed the horizon is very very slightly off. Rookie mistake I know :)

Equipment: Canon 500d, 15-85mm

Iso 200, 73mm, f/22, 1/125 sec (to capture the bird)

7628858262_fe5383744d_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Three things I like about it; even though you're drawn to the sun, it's not a bland sky (bit of cloud), and something fills the bottom (the boats), as well as the top (the bird).

If the boats aren't moving, next time maybe take another shot and boats in at a different shade, but that's up to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

the_syco wrote: »
    Three things I like about it; even though you're drawn to the sun, it's not a bland sky (bit of cloud), and something fills the bottom (the boats), as well as the top (the bird).

If the boats aren't moving, next time maybe take another shot and boats in at a different shade, but that's up to yourself.

Thanks for that!

Any more guys?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Lovely colours and the bird is a nice bonus. However, your horizon is crooked - only slightly - but enough to be noticeable. Sky is a bit bland and could do with some more cloud. Lovely shimmer on the water and maybe thats where to give a bit more emphasis. Place your horizon higher (top third) and show some more of the sun's reflection in the water.

Cheers, only spotted the crooked horizon myself after uploading it to Flickr, rookie mistake :)

Will try get some more reflection so in future. Was hoping for some more wispy clouds but no luck on the day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you have photoshop, check if you are able to adjust with some tilt, and the crop out the tilted sides?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

what crooked horizon ?

its straight ... people on this forum halluncinate...

Ah its a tiny bit crooked, very small.

@the syco..ya i can adjust it no hassle

Advertisement