Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1962 Wedding!

Options
  • 23-07-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm looking for ideas for a wedding anniversary gift (50th) Does anyone know what was tradition to give as a wedding present in 1962 and what would be a typical wedding meal/wedding breakfast?
    Would it be possible to get a newspaper from a particular date in '62?
    Also looking for photos of Dublin from 1962! All info appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Check out this thread in the Dublin City forum, it's full of old photos and videos of Dublin, great thread!

From what my parents have in the house that they say were given as wedding presents in the 60's it wasn't all that different to gifts today, food processor, hoover, coffee table, glasses, china etc. Back then couples generally only moved in together after getting married so it was all household things to get them started.

I've seen a link to getting old newspapers, I'll have a look out for it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

http://www.memorablemoments.ie/products/Newspaper-Book-%28Anniversary-Edition%29.html

That's the site I saw before with old newspapers, I haven't ordered from them myself so I have no idea how reliable they are. And they're not cheap either!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Is there any particular reason like tha you want everything to be in 1962 style ?

Yes it's a 50th Wedding Anniversary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Yes the historic pic's thread is awesome :) I found that newspaper thing alright but it is very expensive! I think i'm going to make a CD with music from '62 on it and play that at the party!

Advertisement