Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow peirce

Options
  • 23-07-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

My lovely daughter wants to get her eyebrow peirced.:(
    So Im giving in, but want somewhere clean to get it done.Can anyone recommend somewhere local.Thanks, Cathy:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

cathy01 wrote: »
    My lovely daughter wants to get her eyebrow peirced.:(
    So Im giving in, but want somewhere clean to get it done.Can anyone recommend somewhere local.Thanks, Cathy:mad:

You might get a better answer in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056706080

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

There is Zen on Station Street but to be honest it would be better for your daughter to go to one of the bigger studios in town.

I know you may prefer to spend local but sometimes its best going to the experts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Stigmata Tau in Swords are very good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My daughters have had tattoos and piercings in Stigmata in Swords too and they were very pleased.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Actually, I went in there in May to get some assistance with a piercing I had already and they were less than useless. Their piercer was on maternity leave, no replacement, and there was nothing they could do. It was mostly bad customer service, but I'd ring them before I went in there to check if they have replaced the piercer.

Better bet, go to Snakebite in town.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Actually, I went in there in May to get some assistance with a piercing I had already and they were less than useless. Their piercer was on maternity leave, no replacement, and there was nothing they could do. It was mostly bad customer service, but I'd ring them before I went in there to check if they have replaced the piercer.

Better bet, go to Snakebite in town.

As far as I know the piercer, Kathy (I think), has been replaced while she's on leave. I haven't used them for piercings myself, just tattoos, but I know people who have been very happy with the piercings they got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thanks all. still trying to talk her out of it, but hey, shes 16.Looking to have it done since she was 12.
    She can have it, but shes paying for it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Thanks all. still trying to talk her out of it, but hey, shes 16.Looking to have it done since she was 12.

We were all like that at that age...

One piece of advice though, she needs to avoid the piercing 'studio' in Georges Street Arcade.

Most reputable places only do eyebrows over the age of 17 btw.

Basically at 16 her skin will still be growing, the piercing won't really sit right till its stopped growing.

Maybe this can get you a quick stay of execution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

My daughters have had tattoos and piercings in Stigmata in Swords too and they were very pleased.
    As far as I know the piercer, Kathy (I think), has been replaced while she's on leave. I haven't used them for piercings myself, just tattoos, but I know people who have been very happy with the piercings they got there.

Was going to recommend Stigmata Tau myself. They've done tattoos and piercings for my girlfriend and I. I've used them several times without incident and would recommend them without hesitation.

Ah, she's 16, leave her be. :P Well I got my eyebrow done in Stigmata last year and it cost €60. Maybe the price will scare her off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I'd recommend Adonis Body Piercing on South William Street.

If you are going for a smaller studio, if they go to use a gun to pierce your daughter then run away. Run away fast! No piercing should be done unless with a needle.

If she is going for a bar then the bar should not be straight as it will end up growing out or getting rejected very quickly due to putting undue pressure on the eyebrow because of the natural curve of the brow. The bar should be bent to an angle in or around 90degrees for best chance of staying where it should.

I got mine pierced with Glen in Adonis and it lasted nearly 10 years before beginning to grow out naturally. I removed it myself before it migrated too far. I probably could have got another 3 or 4 years out of it but it started to get a little too loose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Soundman wrote: »
    I'd recommend Adonis Body Piercing on South William Street.

If you are going for a smaller studio, if they go to use a gun to pierce your daughter then run away. Run away fast! No piercing should be done unless with a needle.

If she is going for a bar then the bar should not be straight as it will end up growing out or getting rejected very quickly due to putting undue pressure on the eyebrow because of the natural curve of the brow. The bar should be bent to an angle in or around 90degrees for best chance of staying where it should.

I got mine pierced with Glen in Adonis and it lasted nearly 10 years before beginning to grow out naturally. I removed it myself before it migrated too far. I probably could have got another 3 or 4 years out of it but it started to get a little too loose.

Thanks for that advice.
    Right now, a family member is sick , so she wont be doing anything for a while, but I really appricated your help.From all at boardies.Thanks

Advertisement