Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Sized Shoes

Options
  • 23-07-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Well folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows any shoe shops in in the city apart from Heathers on the Quays that sells mens shoes in size 14?

I usually buy them in heathers but have found the quality poor enough over the last few months..

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Got size 13's in the Shoe Zone in Blanchardstown Centre, sorry it's not in town but it might give you some choice. (also I'm presuming they have size 14's might be worth a call though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I'm a size 15/16 and have luck in TK Maxx quite often. Apart from that, 'Size' off grafton street ( in the direction of South William ) have less formal shoes. If its very formal you are looking for theres a few others outside of Dublin i can list, but it all depends on what you are looking for.
    Obviously this excludes the online options, but that generally only works when / if you are ordering the same show so you know the fit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Isn't Heathers closed down recently? At least I heard it was. Anytime I pass by is in the evenings.

If it isn't I must pay another visit..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I'm a size 13 myself, and find it quite hard to find shops that stock above a 12.

Ecco Shoes seems to, but their stuff can be quite formal. Lifestyle and Champion do sometimes, but it's usually a case of "what have you got in size 13" and they'll appear from the store room with 3 gaudy pairs of shoes/runners that have been sitting there for years.

I tend to have a look around to find a shoe I like, and then end up buying it online from Amazon or eBay who stock 13+ sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

dfx- wrote: »
    Isn't Heathers closed down recently? At least I heard it was. Anytime I pass by is in the evenings.

If it isn't I must pay another visit..

I think its hours are 10am to 5pm and its closed Sundays and Mondays.
    Last time i was in there was before christmas so im hoping to pop in this week so hopefully its still open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I think its hours are 10am to 5pm and its closed Sundays and Mondays.
    Last time i was in there was before christmas so im hoping to pop in this week so hopefully its still open.

I passed by there on last Sat afternoon and it was still open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's a clothes shop beside Fagans pub in drumcondra that sells Outsize garments and Mr Big and Tall in Goatstown..maybe they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Degsy wrote: »
    There's a clothes shop beside Fagans pub in drumcondra that sells Outsize garments and Mr Big and Tall in Goatstown..maybe they can help.
    Outsized clothes and outsized prices ! :rolleyes:

Advertisement