Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

тяжелая атлетик&

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Got my body fat done to day as well. Sitting at about 20%. Body weight is 80-81kg.

Today:

Pull ups:

7 x 3

Dips:

3 x 5

Ab Roll Outs:

3 x 8

From knees.

Today:

Snatch:

50kg 2 x 3
    60kg 2 x 2
    65kg 1 x 1
    70kg 1 x 1
    75kg 1 x 1
    77kg 2 x F

Used a narrower grip to try and take some pressure off my right thump overhead. Sort of worked but had to strap up after 65kg because my thump started acting up. Pull is improving though. Shoulders are staying over longer.

Clean and Jerk:

50kg 2 x 3
    70kg 2 x 2
    80kg x 1
    90kg x 1
    95kg x 1
    101kg 2 x 1

Happy with that. Getting the hang of pulling heavy weights. Jerks are much better since I started doing ab work.

Back Squat:

130kg 1 x 5

Clean Pulls:

130kg 4 x 2

Ring Chins:

5 x 3

Dips:

3 x 5

Body weight was 79kg this morning. Should make 77kg easy enough for the ECB club championships.

Today:

Hurt my wrist and can't hold a bar in the rack or overhead :(
    Gonna rest it until Monday and then see what the craic is. I'll be pretty bummed if it stops me doing my only comp of 2013.

Squatted 155kg 1 x 1 with a 3 second grind half way up. Failed 162kg.
    Then 132kg 1 x 5 and 120kg 1 x 10

Got my first singlet too. Posed in front of the mirror for a bit.

Friday 06/12/2013:

Box jumps:

Loads. Dunno what height, somewhere around the height of the bottom of my ribs.

Back Squat:

70kg 2 x 5
    100kg 1 x 5
    120kg 1 x 3
    140kg 1 x 3
    150kg 1 x 3 PB
    162kg 1 x F

Pretty happy with that. 6kg pb. Wrist is feeling better, should be ok for next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 beaverfever

Just seen this thread now, didn't read all of it but it looks like you've gotten seriously strong man! Interested to know though, do you notice much difference in the mirror? I'd imagine you're looking a lot more muscular?
    I've been doing powerlifting routines myself for the last 9 months and have made some great gains but I'm thinking of switching it up a little now to a more olympic lifting routine. What you think?

Just seen this thread now, didn't read all of it but it looks like you've gotten seriously strong man! Interested to know though, do you notice much difference in the mirror? I'd imagine you're looking a lot more muscular?
    I've been doing powerlifting routines myself for the last 9 months and have made some great gains but I'm thinking of switching it up a little now to a more olympic lifting routine. What you think?

Thanks!

I don't much other than the main lifts (snatch + clean and jerk), squats (front+back) and some pulls (RDL's, deadlifts etc.). So the only muscle development I would have is on my legs and back. I suppose my shoulders would have a bit as well but not much. That said there's nothing to stop anyone from doing extra assistance stuff on top of the olympic lifts if they want to improve their physique. I mainly don't do anything else cos I'm pretty tired by the time I've finished the main stuff and I'm sorta lazy as well so...:D

I would definitely recommend getting into olympic lifting. I find it much more enjoyable than the regular stuff you'd do in a gym. If you have a club nearby I'd look into going down and having a go. I'd recommend getting some coaching rather than teaching yourself if possible because it will make the learning process much quicker and will prevent a massive amount of frustration.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056915665

That link will give you the location of all the clubs in Ireland.

If you've any more questions fire away and I'll try and help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 beaverfever

DylanJM wrote: »
    Thanks!

I don't much other than the main lifts (snatch + clean and jerk), squats (front+back) and some pulls (RDL's, deadlifts etc.). So the only muscle development I would have is on my legs and back. I suppose my shoulders would have a bit as well but not much. That said there's nothing to stop anyone from doing extra assistance stuff on top of the olympic lifts if they want to improve their physique. I mainly don't do anything else cos I'm pretty tired by the time I've finished the main stuff and I'm sorta lazy as well so...:D

I would definitely recommend getting into olympic lifting. I find it much more enjoyable than the regular stuff you'd do in a gym. If you have a club nearby I'd look into going down and having a go. I'd recommend getting some coaching rather than teaching yourself if possible because it will make the learning process much quicker and will prevent a massive amount of frustration.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056915665

That link will give you the location of all the clubs in Ireland.

If you've any more questions fire away and I'll try and help.
    Cool thank you! Do you do other sports? I don't lift for looks just to get stronger for my other sports, but I reckon Olympic lifts would give me more explosive power so I think I'll get some lessons :)

Cool thank you! Do you do other sports? I don't lift for looks just to get stronger for my other sports, but I reckon Olympic lifts would give me more explosive power so I think I'll get some lessons :)

Nope don't do any other sports. Played a bit of rugby a couple of years ago before I got into olympic lifting. Yeah it will definitely help with developing power to transfer to other sports. There are other things you will gain as well such as mobility, coordination, balance etc.

Some people think that learning the olympic lifts if it's not your main sport is an unnecessary and overly complicated process. However, I think there are a lot of benefits to gain from learning the lifts and a good coach should be able to design a program to fit around whatever your main sport is.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it!

In other news, I tried putting the bar overhead today. Right wrist is still in pain. I think Friday is out the window tbh. I don't think it's worth risking doing serious damage to it and setting myself back even further. Looks like I'll be squatting and pulling for the foreseeable and hopefully get back to it in the new year. Injuries are a pain in the ass.

• Advertisement

Today:

Squat:

140kg 1 x 6

Clean Pull:

100kg x 3
    110kg x 3
    115kg x 3
    120kg x 3
    125kg x 3
    130kg x 3

Good Mornings:

40kg 4 x 10

Plank:

3 x 45 sec

Today:

Squat:

110kg 5 x 5

Clean pulls:

115kg 3 x 3
    120kg 3 x 3

Pull ups:

w/ green band:

1 x 10
    1 x 9

Curls:

30kg 5 x 5

Lateral Raises:

2.5kg plate in each hand

1 x 15
    1 x 30

8 weeks of squatting starting from today. Doing the squats á la the texas method. I'm also going to try and get my pull as strong as possible and do some upper body stuff in the form of pull ups. May introduce some pressing when the wrist heals. The goal is to get as strong as possible before going back to the classical lifts.

Today:

Front Squat:

90kg x 3
    100kg x 3
    110kg x 3

Snatch Pull:

80kg 3 x 3
    90kg 3 x 3

Pull Ups:

5 x 3

Side Bends:

20kg DB 4 x 10 e/s

Today:

Squat:

142.5kg 1 x 5

Today:

Squat:

115kg 5 x 5

Clean Pull:

115kg 2 x 3
    122.5kg 2 x 3
    130kg 2 x 3

Pull Ups:

5 x 3

Pull Ups w/ Green Band:

2 x 8
    1 x 7
    1 x 6

Today:

Squat:

145kg 1 x 5

Tough!

Deads:

130kg x 3
    140kg x 3
    145kg x 3

Pull Ups:

2 x 3

Gave up after two sets. Tired and not in the humor at all for pull ups. I'll do a couple of set tomorrow.

Lateral Raises:

3 x 20 2.5kg each hand

Side Bends:

16kg 3 x 12 e/s

Today:

Squat:

117kg 5 x 5

Clean Pull:

115kg 2 x 3
    125kg 2 x 3
    135kg 2 x 3

Pull Ups:

5 x 3

add green band

4 x 8

Today:

Squat:

148kg 1 x 2

Fell forwards on the third rep and nearly died. I'm very luck not to have seriously injured myself. I actually have it on video. Whatever way the bar bounced at the bottom it pitched me forwards. Started to fall forwards but managed to go down on to my left knee and somehow slip out from under the bar. The whole thing seemed to happen in slow motion, all I could remember thinking about was getting one of my feet to step out in front to stop me faceplanting the ground with a bar on my back.

Deadlift:

130kg x 3
    140kg x 3
    148kg x 3

Pulled something in my back on the final rep. I don't think it's anything major but I'm going to be careful with it.

Pull Ups:

5 x 3

3 x 10 with green band

Getting better at this pull up lark.

Lunge:

50kg 3 x 8 e/s

Today:

Squat:

120kg 5 x 5

Clean Pull:

110kg 3 x 3

Ring Chin Ups:

3 x 5
    1 x 4
    2 x 3

KB press:

16kg kb 4 x 8e/s

Back seems ok after the twinge on Friday. I took it easy on the pulls just to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

How's the wrist? Also the video of you being an idiot is private so we can't share in the idiocy.

token wrote: »
    How's the wrist?

It's getting better. I can hold an empty bar overhead without too much discomfort so I think in another couple of weeks or so it'll be ready to go.

I'm not too bothered by it at the minute because I've decided to use the first 8-10 weeks of the year just for strength related stuff and making my pull as strong as possible. Once that's out of the way I'll go back to the classical lifts while just doing maintenance stuff for strength exercises.
    Also the video of you being an idiot is private so we can't share in the idiocy.

Thanks for the heads up. Should be fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

DylanJM wrote: »

Stylish dismount 10/10

Today:

Front Squats:

100kg x 3
    105kg x 3
    110kg x 3

Used a full grip on the bar rather than finger tips. I'm hoping to do this for my cleans as well once I'm back training them. Stretched my adductors loads before hand as well which made everything feel miles better.

Snatch Pull:

70kg 2 x 3
    80kg 2 x 3
    90kg 2 x 3

Single leg DL:

bar 4 x 10 e/s

I'm hopeless at these. Balance is atrocious.

Pull Ups:

5 x 2

Today:

Squat:

120kg x 2
    130kg x 2
    135kg x 2
    140kg x 2

Pull Ups:

Clean Deadlift:

110kg 2 x 3
    120kg 2 x 3
    130kg 1 x 3

Lateral raises:

4 x 15 with 5kg plate in each hand.

Today:

Squat:

122.5kg 5 x 5

Clean Pull:

110kg 2 x 3
    115kg 2 x 3
    120kg 2 x 3

Second pull is feeling stronger.

Ring Chin Ups:

5 x 5 Pretty happy with this

Ordered some wraps for my wrist. I'm looking to test out some overhead stuff starting next week. I think once I wrap the wrist up there shouldn't be any problems.

Today:

Front Squat:

100kg x 3
    107.5kg x 3
    112.5kg x 3

Sn Pull:

70kg 2 x 3
    80kg 2 x 3
    90kg 2 x 3

Sn RDL:

50kg 4 x 8

Today:

Squat:

130kg 1 x 2
    135kg 1 x 2
    140kg 1 x 2
    143kg 1 x 2

Pull Ups:

4 x 4
    3 x 3

w/ band

3 x 8

Clean Deadlift:

120kg x 3
    130kg x 3
    140kg x 3

Today:

Sn Balance:

40kg 5 x 3

Squat:

125kg 5 x 5

FML

Clean Pull:

110kg 2 x 2
    120kg 2 x 2
    125kg 2 x 2

Ring Chins:

1 x 6
    4 x 5

• Advertisement

Today:

Sn Balance:

40kg 5 x 3

Front Squat:

105kg x 3
    110kg x 3
    115kg x 3

Sn Pull:

70kg 2 x 3
    80kg 2 x 3
    95kg 2 x 3

These felt really good. Felt like I was hitting pretty good positions even on the sets @ 95kg.

Ring Chin Ups:

10 x 3

Push Ups:

5 x 10

Rear Fly:

1.25kg e/s 5 x 10

Advertisement