Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st years?

• 23-07-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

so have any of the 1st years that received offers in mature student rounds heard anything from the college yet?

what courses are you all doing?

i'm in BN030(early childhood care&education)

not long to go now :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Badgingarra

No, I've not heard anything from them either.
    I assume they'll be in touch after the leaving cert students accept their places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Nope havnt heard anything bar the CAO. Slightly disappointed as I would have liked to have a nice generic congraulations and welcome letter. Its only a quick mail merge :(

Im in BN010 Business and IT btw :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Nope havnt heard anything bar the CAO. Slightly disappointed as I would have liked to have a nice generic congraulations and welcome letter. Its only a quick mail merge :(

Im in BN010 Business and IT btw :cool:

Got a letter this morning with a welcome and info about fees :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

just got it as well,

does anyone know what dept i need to contact in my previous college to get the student fee declaration form signed?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 paul88

I got my mature studen offer a few weeks back :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ahun

still waiting for good news about my course (BN903) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭euddue

Got my mechatronics offer for level 8 and a level 7 computer information

Torn between both now,looking forward to it,even though i'm a little older and hairier than a traditional student :P

congrats euddue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ahun

ahun wrote: »
    still waiting for good news about my course (BN903) :(

' got my place as a mature student part time mechatronics course (level 6) ...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AoifeBee

ditzyfairy wrote: »
    so have any of the 1st years that received offers in mature student rounds heard anything from the college yet?

Im not a mature student but I got accepted into this course :) Are you looking forward to it?

• Advertisement

AoifeBee wrote: »
    Im not a mature student but I got accepted into this course :) Are you looking forward to it?

Well done! I can't wait really looking forward to it now. how about you?

Well done! I can't wait really looking forward to it now. how about you?

I can't wait :) abit nervous though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭kulareggae

I am doing Creative Digital Media :)
    Cant wait now :) x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Welcome newbs! :pac:

I'm on the second year of the ECCE course now, just registered and 2250 poorer, but that story is for another day. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM or ask away here on thread :)

Lola92 wrote: »
    Welcome newbs! :pac:

I'm one the second year of the ECCE course now, just registered and 2250 poorer, but that story is for another day. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM or ask away here on thread :)

Hi Lola great to find someone a year ahead of me :) Are you starting your placement soon? Did you have to find it yourself and is it full 5 days in placement or do you still have classes? Im really looking forward to the part next year :) But guess i'll have to get through this year first. How did you find assignments & lecturers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi Lola great to find someone a year ahead of me :) Are you starting your placement soon? Did you have to find it yourself and is it full 5 days in placement or do you still have classes? Im really looking forward to the part next year :) But guess i'll have to get through this year first. How did you find assignments & lecturers?

We have two weeks of mandatory pre-placement training and then I'm on placement for the rest of the semester. It could be full or part time, depending on the setting you are based in but we have to complete 500 odd hours and submit a placement project so it works out the same. As far as I know after the initial training there is no more classes, and more importantly no exams! :) I found the assignments and lecturers both really interesting for the most part. Get involved and get to know your lecturers, that really helps if you run into any issues along the line. It helps to do your reading and keep on top of things as you go along in terms of revision because you do cover quite a lot of diverse material, especially in psychology and child centred practice. I loved it though, I can't wait to get back to college! :)

that sounds great Lola92 what kind of setting are you in? Did you pick it yourself and does it have to be with a certain age?

Anyone else know if after registration on Wednesday will we have to be in on Thurs or Friday or are we not back in then for a few days?

Lola92 wrote: »

We have two weeks of mandatory pre-placement training and then I'm on placement for the rest of the semester. It could be full or part time, depending on the setting you are based in but we have to complete 500 odd hours and submit a placement project so it works out the same. As far as I know after the initial training there is no more classes, and more importantly no exams! :) I found the assignments and lecturers both really interesting for the most part. Get involved and get to know your lecturers, that really helps if you run into any issues along the line. It helps to do your reading and keep on top of things as you go along in terms of revision because you do cover quite a lot of diverse material, especially in psychology and child centred practice. I loved it though, I can't wait to get back to college! :)

Sounds amazing! :) really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

that sounds great Lola92 what kind of setting are you in? Did you pick it yourself and does it have to be with a certain age?

Anyone else know if after registration on Wednesday will we have to be in on Thurs or Friday or are we not back in then for a few days?

Most likely you'll have lectures straight after reg on Wednesday, I know we did.

Advertisement