Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange numbers calling

Options
  • 23-07-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Anyone else receiving calls from a number that originates in the Democratic Republic of Congo?
    numbers are + 243 991173449, +243 991333644??
    I've been getting approx 6 calls a night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Might be the "Um Bongo" marketing department doing a customer survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Link not safe for work - removed

Just made me think of phonejacker and - I am the man that irons the money - I just need your bank account details.

You may be able to get the network to block the numbers - if you have voice mail set up its unlikely its just someone trying to reach a relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I have been getting a few calls, usually 111111111 or 11427 and when I answer they hang up. I rang eircom and the guy said that it me be a remote dialer trying random numbers in an attempt to log onto to a PC or a system or whatever. It is bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Have you ever answered the call? It would be interesting to know if it's some sort of autodialler machine or an actual human on the other end. At least if it's the latter you might have some sort of idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement