Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone purchase

• 23-07-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I really want an iphone, but the trouble is I study in Northern Ireland ( but am home for the summer months and most weekends). I generally carry about a crappy £30 northern phone and a half decent southern phone while in the north- but it doesn't make too much sense to carry about an iphone with a southern sim card in the north, racking up roaming etc.

Is it possible to get an iphone sim for both o2 ireland and o2uk and switch as i please, depending on what country i'm in? - if i buy the phone as pay as you go or contract? what is the best way to do this

Any advice is much appreciated!

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You could get one on bill subsidised from O2 and get them to unlock it. Should only take a few days

Other than that you could buy it direct from apple and it will be unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stephen090

guil wrote: »
    You could get one on bill subsidised from O2 and get them to unlock it. Should only take a few days

Other than that you could buy it direct from apple and it will be unlocked

If i buy directly from apple, is it simple enough to acquire an iphone sim card then?

Yeah. You can get much cheaper bill pay plans aswell if you only need a sim

Tesco mobile which uses the O2 network are doing a sim only deal. Unlimited calls, texts and data for €35 a month. I haven't looked too much into so I'm not sure if there is a FUP

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Depending on where you are in the North, 3 do the 3like home package where you can use half your minutes phoning UK numbers. Includes all the data you can use. Supposed to be very bad around Enniskillen, but I found it brilliant from Newry all the way to Belfast. You could still buy a sim-free but try out the Three sim card for reception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

whiterebel wrote: »
    Depending on where you are in the North, 3 do the 3like home package where you can use half your minutes phoning UK numbers. Includes all the data you can use. Supposed to be very bad around Enniskillen, but I found it brilliant from Newry all the way to Belfast. You could still buy a sim-free but try out the Three sim card for reception.

Although you will have a 00353 number, which may be expensive for people in NI calling you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭McSween

according to apple's website you can get an unlocked one as a student. not sure how much less the phones are but i suppose they would be unlocked

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/education_routing

All iphons bought direct from apple are unlocked

Advertisement