Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Advice

Options
  • 23-07-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need to install a home security system in a vacant house an hours drive from my home. All the alarms i have investigated would involve the system ringing me/ ringing a third party who would ring me if it is set off. This is not practical as I live too far to be able to investigate and switch it off . It is not also possible to ask anyone living closer to be nominated as contact person.

Can anyone recommend some other alternative type of alarm/home security system that would be suitable in this situation?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most systems can be programmed to ring a few different people.
    If your starting from scratch with no wiring something like the Powermax Complete would be an easy install & set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

Cheers koolkid.....unfort I am the only member of family in ireland and would not be familiar enough with the neighbours of the vacant house to ask any of them. Would be much simpler if I lived in the area!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No matter what form of monitoring you use it would be ideal to have somebody nearby.
    You could go for something like the Siemens , where you have a web server on board. a little more expensive but it gives you the ability to log in disarm the alarm & view if any zones are open etc. You could also add IP cameras onto the system to enable to have a look around & check everything is OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

You could pay a fortune for monitoring and to have the house checked by a patrol car .

Advertisement