Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving in Cork

Options
  • 23-07-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I am looking at accommodation in the ballincollig area, how long would it
    take to drive into UCC for 9 in the morning on a school day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Parking would likely be a real problem.

What part of UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 spotconn

Have the parking sorted, around the western gateway building

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Western Gateway is a staff car park only as far as I know.

Unless you are parking near the Mardyke which is 2 hour disc parking only.

Thinking of parking all day? Then your best bet is one of the park and ride facilities. You'd have to be at the park and rides by 8am (with the probable exception of Blackash) to get a space at those. Blackash is out of the way for you if you're coming from Ballincollig.

I am fine for parking just wondering how long it will take?

spotconn wrote: »
    I am fine for parking just wondering how long it will take?

Depends. Link road could take you fifteen minutes at the least. Provided your parking is accessible from the Western Gateway you could make it in the Straight Road in five or ten at most.

• Advertisement

Great thanks for that, so there isn't really much extra school traffic then?

The only bottleneck at that time of the morning (assuming you're going in the Straight Road) would probably be that secondary school on the Cork side of Ballincollig.

You'll get the usual mammies parking on the road until Johnny and Mary get out of the car, but I don't think it'll be that busy.

Advertisement