Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lush in Galway?

Options
  • 23-07-2012 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

I heard that they might be opening a Lush in Galway, yay!

Is anyone else on here a Lush fan and where do you think would be the best place for a Lush shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I thought they were being kept out by the recession, or at least previous plans to open one here had been scuppered by it. Have asked them why they haven't opened here before, think the population factors that normally lead to their success are around. Large student population etc plus artists etc

Could try the locations that Zusa or whatever the ersatz them used. I know the place between Middle Street and Augustine street is currently vacant.

Or maybe somewhere on Abbeygate street? Either side has vacant shops don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Lush? What's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Lush? What's this?

It's like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory except with soaps and bath stuff.
    Briiiiight colours and smells. Actually a bit overwhelming and overpriced for me, but individual items are nice to get/give as pressies.

Looks good enough to eat but always disappointing eating soap...

Lush in Galway?

...is an alcoholic beverage purchased in a pub or off-license.

Example: ''Are ya going lushing?''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where did you hear this?
    I'd be interested to know this too as there's no news on the web for it.
    It's no biggie but I'm generally opposed to hearsay threads without any sources.

Was surprised to hear they thought the economy had sorted itself out to the point where they were thinking of finally doing this.

Noticed that that premises that had he burger joint followed by Jack & ella's on Abbeygate street was still empty. Does trike me as possibly the best place I could think of. Open air instead of inside a mall, so not that smell not going to effect other businesses. Nice as it is.
    & there is a lot of pedestrian traffic heading to the Eyre Square centre there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Is there anything in the corner unit across from Treasure Chest & beside HMV?
    Might be nice in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Is there anything in the corner unit across from Treasure Chest & beside HMV?
    Might be nice in there!

There's nothing there but I imagine the rent in that spot is astronomical. Carpenters menswear on Church Lane just shut down, I think that spot could be good for them. I'd be a customer anyway, for the shower jellies especially :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

Lush in Galway?

...is an alcoholic beverage purchased in a pub or off-license.

Example: ''Are ya going lushing?''

haha your dead right, i hear "lush" i think alcohol :)

or as a verb for drink.

Example: im off the lush till xmas

gimme a lush of that lush :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

haha your dead right, i hear "lush" i think alcohol :)

or as a verb for drink.

Example: im off the lush till xmas

gimme a lush of that lush :)

Are you on the Lush? Drinking for a number of days. ;)

There's nothing there but I imagine the rent in that spot is astronomical. Carpenters menswear on Church Lane just shut down, I think that spot could be good for them. I'd be a customer anyway, for the shower jellies especially :)

Is there much traffic on that lane?
    That's the one down the side of Eason's yeah?
    Well, I guess sign holding has been a Galway tradition for years now so having somebody standing somewhere there with a sign pointing to it wouldn't really be anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

With no confirmation or even a newspaper article on this its just speculation at the moment.

Location wise? The corner of HMV would be perfect but rent would be huge, the shop beside H-Samuel on Shop St would be great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Ah bollox, i thought it was the nineties shoegazing band.

Ballsac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

I work for Lush and know that they are going looking for properties with the hope to open before Christmas so its not just speculation. However the rent will have to be right or they might look to Limerick instead. I'll be looking for a transfer there anyway if it does open. I love Galway!!! (and Lush)

By the way I accidentally posted this on someone elses account so didn't realise that I had so many replies to my comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

boo3000 wrote: »
    I work for Lush and know that they are going looking for properties with the hope to open before Christmas so its not just speculation./Quote]

Ah now here! If you *know* that's different to 'I hear' - otherwise still hearsay, albeit in the workplace!
    Good to know Lush employee = 'Lush fan' though :p

Advertisement