Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a loan to pay my rent.

Options
  • 23-07-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone tell me where or i could go to get a loan to pay my rent.
    need to get it before Thursday. cant get it off the bank because it will take too long. does anyone know any agencies that give short term loans to people on low income?
    help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Have you considered having a chat with your landlord/landlady? Maybe they will let you pay it a few weeks late. You could be in bigger debt if you go down the route of money lenders

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭nessy382

TheBody wrote: »
    Have you considered having a chat with your landlord/landlady? Maybe they will let you pay it a few weeks late. You could be in bigger debt if you go down the route of money lenders

I already tried to talk, but they don't want to know. if i don't get a loan to pay this i'l be out on the street. if anyone knows any money lenders out there to get a loan this week, i could pay them back weekly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Have you thought about Welfare
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/swaqualify/Pages/swawilliqualify.aspx
    nessy382 wrote: »
    if i don't get a loan to pay this i'l be out on the street.
    Talk to Threshold, I don't know the specifics but its highly unlikely that you can simply be turfed out on the street

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I already tried to talk, but they don't want to know. if i don't get a loan to pay this i'l be out on the street. if anyone knows any money lenders out there to get a loan this week, i could pay them back weekly.

Seriously, don't go down that route, those people are just dangerous.

The Welfare Office would be my first point of entry, tbh

Have you thought about Welfare
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/swaqualify/Pages/swawilliqualify.aspx

Talk to Threshold, I don't know the specifics but its highly unlikely that you can simply be turfed out on the street

I'm waiting on the Welfare to sort my rent out, but it could take another month so have to pay it in cash this month which I haven't got. So need to source a money lender asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I'm waiting on the Welfare to sort my rent out, but it could take another month so have to pay it in cash this month which I haven't got. So need to source a money lender asap.

How much are you talking? Have you friends or family?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Seriously, don't go down that route, those people are just dangerous.

The Welfare Office would be my first point of entry, tbh

I'm waiting on my welfare to come through. My landlord won't wait and I need to have it this week, so basically i have no other choice but to get a loan. none of my family can help me out or anything so don't know what I am going to do.

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    How much are you talking? Have you friends or family?

I need to get €750.00. my friends and family are all broke so no one can help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OP I can reccommend Provident, my parents have used them in the past and it all seems on the level. They're fairly reasonable too (Not cost wise although I have seen worse, moreso that the people you deal with are actual humans) . http://www.providentpersonalcredit.ie/

I would strongly encourage you to avoid this route if at all possible though, their interest rates are a joke.

phasers wrote: »
    OP I can reccommend Provident, my parents have used them in the past and it all seems on the level. They're fairly reasonable too. http://www.providentpersonalcredit.ie/

I would strongly encourage you to avoid this route if at all possible though, their interest rates are a joke.

I have applied to them and still waiting for an agent to get in contact with me. still no joy, looks like i will be out on my ear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

phasers wrote: »
    OP I can reccommend Provident, my parents have used them in the past and it all seems on the level. They're fairly reasonable too (Not cost wise although I have seen worse, moreso that the people you deal with are actual humans) . http://www.providentpersonalcredit.ie/

"fairly reasonable"?

From their website -

"Representative example:
    €500 loan repayable over 52 weeks
    52 weekly payments of €15.00
    Rate of interest 56.0% p.a. fixed;
    Representative 157.3% APR
    Total Amount Payable is €780"

157.3% APR - Reasonable :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

vicwatson wrote: »
    "fairly reasonable"?

From their website -

"Representative example:

i have been on to them trying to apply for a loan but still no joy as nobody has got on to me. and i know the apr is trough the roof but what can i do. I need to get the loan as no one else can give me one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Go to your local Housing Authority as soon as possible and ask to speak to the CWO (Community Welfare Officer.) This person would be in a position to make one-off payments/loans in certain circumstances.

They would also be able to provide advice, information and support in relation to putting a long-term plan in place for you, so that you don't end up in this situation again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Dont go to a money lender! If your that stuck ring SVDP and they will help, you can repay them when your back on your feet. Thats what they are there for, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

vicwatson wrote: »
    "fairly reasonable"?

From their website -

"Representative example:

Check out the likes of wonga.com for a truly eye-popping APR.

Go to your local Housing Authority as soon as possible and ask to speak to the CWO (Community Welfare Officer.) This person would be in a position to make one-off payments/loans in certain circumstances.

They would also be able to provide advice, information and support in relation to putting a long-term plan in place for you, so that you don't end up in this situation again.

I already went to them and they said it can take up to 4 weeks to sort out. they cant help me out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Can you pawn anything? Cash convertors style? Not nice but it may get you out of a hole?

Dont go to a money lender! If your that stuck ring SVDP and they will help, you can repay them when your back on your feet. Thats what they are there for, best of luck

i'v heard SVDP will give food vouchers. I don't think they will give you money to pay your rent, i need the rent this week i cant see them giving me €750.00. they give food vouchers to help you out that's all. i'l be back on my feet in a few weeks i just need a loan to pay this months rent.
    does anyone know of any money lenders out there please.

Can you pawn anything? Cash convertors style? Not nice but it may get you out of a hole?

no i have nothing that would be worth that much. i would be left with nothing if i done that.

A car? Boyfriends car? Anything?

• Advertisement

No haven't got one.

cash converters won't take a car off you.

Jewellery? Electrical gear?

Could the community welfare officer help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

have you a job?

wages in advance maybe?

Surely you know someone who will give you some money, everyone has someone.

Your landlord won't through you straight out, you'll get atleast 2-3 weeks to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

When are you getting paid?

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    When are you getting paid?

i get paid every Friday but only get €250.00 a week at the minute. i'm living with my boyfriend but he got let go out of his job last month and wont be back in work for another few weeks. That's why I had to go to social welfare and all the other people and no one seems to be able to help me.

RossieMan wrote: »
    have you a job?

wages in advance maybe?

Surely you know someone who will give you some money, everyone has someone.

Your landlord won't through you straight out, you'll get atleast 2-3 weeks to pay it.

yes i have a job but its low income its part time work and can't get a lend of anybody. believe me I tried.

Jewellery? Electrical gear?

Could the community welfare officer help you?

tried the community welfare officer and have to wait for another few weeks for the rent to be sorted. UNFORTUNATELY.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

yes i have a job but its low income its part time work and can't get a lend of anybody. believe me I tried.

OP, stop stressing, Your landlord won't let you go straight away, it would take him 2-3 months to have the house rented again, it wouldn't make sense to throw you straight out.

you'll have time to pay it, but you might need to cut out all non important purchases. i'd go for a bank loan, it will take time but if you show your landlord you're trying they'll surely understand.

I wish you the best of luck.

• Advertisement

Have you ANY of the cash?

If so, whats the shortfall? How can you be so sure you will be sorted in a few weeks?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement